• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad After Story TV Sequel to be Announced

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crilix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote
Erm, After Story is part of the CLANNAD game. The first anime cour is basically Nagisa's story with mash-ups of other girls' stories. So this upcoming production is technically not a sequel.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote
Perhaps if you thought of it as the continuation past the high school arc for certain characters ofthe TV series then you could say "sequel" . Clannad season 1 ended technically with ep. 22.
crilix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
I'd call it the expected second part (it was rumored on MOON PHASE, by the way), because After Story is the story arc that gets unlocked after you've completed every character's own story in the game.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote
Nothing is set in stone. If Season 1 didn't sell well, then there wouldn't be a season 2. People were hoping real hard for a second season since Season 1 hadn't completed some character arcs and the game material was too much for 1 season.
calawain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
Well, thankfully the school arc sold a ton of DVDs so the awesome After Story get's the thumbs up =)
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quote
No kidding. They did have a lot of neat extras in the LE editions and the box is so pretty. Clannad buyers were definitely being spoiled in R2.
CakeStealer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
Huzzah! I was disappointed on how they ended Clannad in those 22 episodes. I hope they end it correctly in the After Story. :3
Draneor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
No kidding. They did have a lot of neat extras in the LE editions and the box is so pretty. Clannad buyers were definitely being spoiled in R2.

Yup. Being one of those buyers, I agree that Clannad is one of the better-put-together R2 releases I've seen. I've very excited that I get to buy more of it too. The only downside is, since the LE items don't fit in the box, you have to seperate them from the DVDs. Sad
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

Yup. Being one of those buyers, I agree that Clannad is one of the better-put-together R2 releases I've seen. I've very excited that I get to buy more of it too. The only downside is, since the LE items don't fit in the box, you have to seperate them from the DVDs. Sad

What kind of extras do the LEs have?

And this is AWESOME news! I know it'll probably be quite a wait for AS, but seeing how good season one was, it'll be worth the wait! Thank you KyoAni!
AlexTaliesin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Clannad was a great series. I can't wait to see this.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote
oh well thats cool and clanned is a great show and all but what im wating for is my HARUHI SEASON 2!!!!
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Now all we need is an R1 license announcement, preferably from ADV, and the circle of anime life will be complete. They need Clannad to go along with AIR and Kanon.)

And I need them to license it so I can buy it and watch it and love it very much. Anime smile
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote
See? I don’t think KyoAni’s a company to leave a story unended. I always knew they were going to anime the After Story and I knew it! Everyone’s happy now, right? I’m not being mean or anything. I’m very happy about this. That little girl looks so cute! She resembles me a little when I was young. I can't wait to see it when it comes out! it might be in October because that's when Kanon 2006 aired. and I think it's a possibility that ADV might get Clannad. Besides, they got Air and Kanon, right? Very Happy Shocked
mastertr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote
ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA ALLELUIA ALLELUUUUUUUIAAAAAA

;]

Tears of joy are flowing from these eyes Anime cry I cannot wait. CLANNAD was the best show of Fall 2007 IMO. I love it.

While I did think the ending to the first season was amazingly done, it had very little closure so I am glad they decided to animate a second season. I hope it is 24 episodes like the first season is.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, "Clannad After Story" isn't the same thing as "Tomoyo After," is it? I've read part of the Tomoyo After manga, which I dug, so it'd be cool to see this as its own show. But either way is fine with me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3