• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best legal anime streaming websites?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koukin74

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Hello, everyone.

Been looking for a good, legal, anime streaming site. I've been checking out Crunchyroll and BOST and I like them, but I wanted to know what your opinions were. Are there any sites you recommend? Do they allow you to purchase or rent the videos and download them to a portable player, like an IPod or PSP?

Thanks in advance!
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Whether its legal or not read this:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13816
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
koukin74

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Oops.

Minna-san, gomen nasai!
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:

I think that thread only applies to illegal streaming or download links.

(Proof):

That thread wrote:
Addendum: Requesting information about sites that legally provide downloads/streaming anime, etc, is permitted. Exampless include Total Vid, etc...

The thread author is asking for sites where you can legally purchase anime, whether it be from the official companies themselves, or from a place authorized to sell files, so this thread should be okay.

Anyway, on the topic, I don't think I know of any. Try iTunes, maybe?
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I highly doubt theres a legal form of anime to place onto iPods and PSPs from streaming sites. I myself have my own PSP and I've been around enough people with iPods to know that the only way to place anime onto both is through illegal means.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Facade19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
I highly doubt theres a legal form of anime to place onto iPods and PSPs from streaming sites. I myself have my own PSP and I've been around enough people with iPods to know that the only way to place anime onto both is through illegal means.

Not quite true.
itunes is now offering anime.
koukin74

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I agree with you there and rather then going through the trouble of ripping my DVDs to my PC, converting the VOB, and transfering it to my PSP - or dling a bittorrent avi and going through the same process - I was hoping there was someplace I could go to when I had my PSP with me at a hotspot, dl the vid, and watch at my leisure.

I've really been excited by the news about Gonzo. I had stopped downloading anime for a while because of the questionable legality of it all. Now, if you go to BOST, for example, you can watch it and download it, and it's legal. Unfortunately, BOST doesn't support video for PSP.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
direct2drive.com offers anime subbed or dubbed in .wmv format for $1.99 an episode, plus your download information is saved into your account and allows you to redownload the file if something were to happen to it. I believe you can also convert the .wmv format to mp4 for ipods and psps.
sj21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Tonnamijetstream.com.

A very good site for Naruto and other viz media fans. And if you like your anime dubbed then its deffinitaly the place. Even though lately they've been scaring me putting transformers:animated on there. thats stupid.[/b]
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:

Like frentymon said, I explained in my addendum to the "No asking for downloads/streaming videos" sticky that asking for/linking legal, authorized streaming is allowed.
JnxCsc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I love [This is a known Bootleg Site] they stream dozens of anime including movies. It's $5 a month but I think it's worth it as they've recently began streaming anime that is both dubbed and subbed.

The quality of the anime is excelent and they have a great staff who handles any problems very quickly. I haven't had any problems, so far, that haven't been handled to my satisfaction.
Clodus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote
@JnxCsc
Thats an illegal site and they have set up rules like number 2 and 3 which don't do justice because anybody could view X anime and simply just claim to own the material. As of late, I'm starting to see alot more of sites like these Rolling Eyes
Quote:
1. You are welcome to View media as it is made avaliable.
2. You must have in your posession the original material.
3. If you do not have the original in your posession, you must not view the file under any circumstances.
4. [This is a Known Bootlegger] and all associated are not responsible for your actions.
5. You are not allowed to directly link to any file, graphic, or media applicant.
6. We are not liable for any or all damages done to your system or computer.
7. [This is a Known Bootlegger] is not liable for actions taken towards you.

Edit- part of rules number 4 and 7 have been blocked by ANN
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asian Guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quote
This topic should be deleted and not closed to avoid illegal download Anime website being surfaced into public, I'm sure the Anime News Newtork law have been breached aswell since this topic are asking for streaming Anime that are not allowed to be asked in this forum. If there is a report button I will report this topic.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:16 am Reply with quote
Asian Guy wrote:
This topic should be deleted and not closed to avoid illegal download Anime website being surfaced into public, I'm sure the Anime News Newtork law have been breached aswell since this topic are asking for streaming Anime that are not allowed to be asked in this forum. If there is a report button I will report this topic.

Why should it be deleted? Like it has been pointed out the author asked for places to LEGALLY download anime. And believe or not, they exist. It is okay to ask for legal downloads on this website. And if there are sites that are illegal, most of them are in ANN's system which automatically deletes the links. There is no problem with this thread.
Asian Guy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote
You should see a picture not just from the bottom but the whole. As Clodus said there is a member in this topic who have posted illegal download Anime website and by that means this topic use are tend to be more negative than positive.

The topic creator of this topic should just ask anyone to pm him or her about legal downloable Anime website, that way no one will be affected by the negative site of his/her request. Over 99% website that site they provide free legal Anime are scam even you have to pay for them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2