• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Int'l Anime Fair Public Day Attendance Up 22%

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Foreign business registration up .51%

Quote:
bringing the business day attendance to an increase of only 0.51% over the two days

Are these two numbers being confused, or do they just happen to be the same?

How can "foreign business visitors increased by 12%", yet foreign business registration only increase .51%?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
I've never bothered to look at statistics for events until recently, particular when I hadn't looked at the Tokyo International Anime Fair. At first I was surprised but now when I'm looking at the obvious fact that it is taking place in Tokyo then I shouldn't be surprised anymore. However attendance is up, which should be considered a good thing anyways.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Quote:
Foreign business registration up .51%

Quote:
bringing the business day attendance to an increase of only 0.51% over the two days

Are these two numbers being confused, or do they just happen to be the same?

How can "foreign business visitors increased by 12%", yet foreign business registration only increase .51%?

I think registration might mean the number of companies who exhibited that were from abroad, and visitors is the number of people who attended the event on the business days.

Either that or each company brought 12% more people to the event than last year, since one counts companies and the other counts people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1