• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Movie to be Announced in Newtype Mag

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Guess it is legit. Who knew? I suppose it's something to look forward to, but I can't see where they have left to go with the story. I mean, the ending of the anime pretty much tied it all up. IF they're going to try to retell it all in two hours, that'd be "no", I think. Well, we'll see what happens.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Huh. Guess it is legit. Who knew? I suppose it's something to look forward to, but I can't see where they have left to go with the story. I mean, the ending of the anime pretty much tied it all up. IF they're going to try to retell it all in two hours, that'd be "no", I think. Well, we'll see what happens.

I agree with you, the final episode neatly tied almost every loose end. I am sure this movie is just another way for Bones to milk the series once before the manga concludes.
Chaos_Armed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
BellosTheMighty wrote:

I agree with you, the final episode neatly tied almost every loose end. I am sure this movie is just another way for Bones to milk the series once before the manga concludes.

Either way, this is my all time favorite anime, I hope they make this good. Very Happy
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
What does it mean for them to be the same Renton and Eureka, though? Is it a sequel? A retelling? Or are the characters only "like" the originals?

I have no idea where BONES is going with this... Shocked
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
BellosTheMighty wrote:

The article says, "Although the creators are promising a new Eureka Seven "mythos," " Doesn't that mean that it will be a compeletely new story?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
BellosTheMighty wrote:

The article says, "Although the creators are promising a new Eureka Seven "mythos," " Doesn't that mean that it will be a compeletely new story?

Maybe, but mythos could mean a variety of actions.
hara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote
The series had some severe weaknesses due to its 50-episodes lenght but I liked the concept, the designs and the characters so I am really looking forward to seeing this presented in a well paced movie.

I am also glad that they said, that it won't be like the RahX-movie (which was a recap).
Onikuno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
OH HELL YES!

I don't act all "fanboy" for many things but this is on the short list.
Afax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Seems like it will be a brand new story featuring the characters and concepts from the series. Not really retelling, or a sequel, but rather a re-imagining.

For sure the prospect of LFO combat animation with a movie budget is droolworthy.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote
A movie?

Never thought it would happen.
The series was great though.Hopefully the movie will be too >__>;;
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Well they did it with Rahxephon (which I thought was an alright movie, despite what most people say). I still need to finish the series........
VLOXY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I saw the 2chan post and I couldn't believe my eyes. Is it true? Is this really happening? You know how those #chan people are.

*deep breath*

Hip hip hooray!

AnimeNewsNetwork MUST confirm this with the powers that be. MUST.

Start calling!

I can't believe this is really happening...
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:
Well they did it with Rahxephon (which I thought was an alright movie, despite what most people say). I still need to finish the series........

The main problem I had with the RahXephon movie (which I, too, think is sometimes unjustly maligned) is that the first half (after the intro section) seems really badly paced. I actually enjoyed a lot of it.

I did like Eureka Seven, and I'd like to see where this goes. I think that Kyoda has a very good sense of timing, and his style (despite, or perhaps because of Laughing all the Anno influence) is quite intriguing to me personally.

I wonder if this means he's not going to be storyboarding the other Rebuild of Evangelion movies...
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote
This seems like it will be an original story with an alternate E7 universe. Same characters of course. I wouldn't mind a sequel or a rehash but that's only because I'm a huge fangirl for this series.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather it be a sequel as it's less likely to massacre the original series and its material. The series also provided room for a sequel. In my experience, retellings almost always end up worse than the original. I see no reason for a new "mythos" with this series either, they left some room to continue if they wanted too and the current mythos works perfectly fine.

Yeah, I'm pessimistic about this, but given the history of these kinds of retellings and/or new "mythos", who can blame me? It is one of my favorite series and I'd rather see no movie than one that does nothing but detract from the original. But hey, I'm still hopeful they don't fudge it up and we get something good out of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4