• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need a Manga Guru's help... searching for a specific manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raja_abdelnour

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I need your help

I am searching for the title of a manga i first saw in the early 1980s. I saw it many times and still remember it due to its unique caracters. I lost track of it however and have been trying to remember its name.

Here are clues
the principal caracter is a girl. she has a pet, a small lizard. She wears a scarf and handles a rifle very accurately.
The other main caracter are giant worms. Those have dozens of eyes at their head that are either green (when peaceful) or red (when in rage). The girl I mentioned above has the power to communicate with those worms.
Another giant caracter is a ancient God, made of fire (or lava) that the humans woke up to fight the worms

I unfortunately forgot the main plot, and any caracter name. I do remember a couple of scenes:
- a big plane in the coulds
- the final scene where the the girls is almost killed by the worms. The worms however realized what they did and carry the girl on their body. At that point she wakes up and meets a strange caracter that resembles Jesus Christ

I would appreciate any help...
Thanks
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:47 pm Reply with quote
raja_abdelnour wrote:
I need your help

I am searching for the title of a manga i first saw in the early 1980s. I saw it many times and still remember it due to its unique caracters. I lost track of it however and have been trying to remember its name.

Man... it sounds a lot like Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, except with slight differences...

ex.org review -- this has a few images from the manga.

Does this look familiar at all?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote
That really sounds like Nausicaa to me too. >.>
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Definitely sounds like Nausicaa.
You can find the manga in major bookstores like Barnes & Noble, Borders or B. Dalton.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:06 am Reply with quote
I have to agree with everyone saying "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind". Here are some links for the manga:

- Amazon .com: Nausicaa Box Set
- Barnes & Noble: Nausicaa Box Set

Hope this helps!
raja_abdelnour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Thank you people... i checked soe pictures from the links you sent me... this is absolutely it

many thanks everybody
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1