• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rating/commenting on My manga/anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I keep getting this error message when I try to rate/add/or comment on My Manga list:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error updating sessions table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'PAGE_MYANIME' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_sessions SET session_time = 1074815025, session_page = PAGE_MYANIME WHERE session_id = '517ef580c5edc6d6ed57d1189f50ce7b'

Line : 275
File : /usr/domains/animenewsnetwork.com/htdocs/bbs/phpBB2/includes/sessions.php

If I leave the page and then come back, it will allow me to rate or comment, but I usually can't do more than 1 at a time.
phoelixian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm getting that too. Being new to the forums I didn't really know what to do/say about it so I closed the window and just left it alone.
EMY23-23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I just tried accessing adding a new item to My Collection right now and I got the same thing. Then I tried closing the page and retrying, but I couldn't even enter My Anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's really iffy. If can manage to get into My Anime, you won't be able to do much else because the error message will pop up if you try and do anything else.
EMY23-23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I just tried it again and I didn't have a problem. I added a few anime titles to my lists and exited. Then I went back to check something and I could only load the page. I think that the error only occurs at random times, so if you keep trying you should eventually be able to access your lists.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I just tried it again too and got in and added a comment. But, then I tried something else and I got the message again. You can get into the list, but it's annoying to have to keep retrying. ^_~
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Just found out: if I went to Forum first then go to My Anime, all functions in My Anime work fine -- for about a minute. Then I'll receive the error message and have to visit Forum once again before I can resume using My Anime. Feels like going to Forum gives me an one-minute cookie-like session time for My Anime. If I don't visit Forum first I can never use My Anime -- always the error message. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:21 am Reply with quote
Ok, sorry about that guys, I once again messed up the site. I just fixed my fubar now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Thanks Dan42!
Cerberus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Finally I can add new things to my manga collection, without getting that annoying error message. Thanks Dan!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1