• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Gasp to Publish Tokyo Zombie Horror Comedy Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Last Gasp hardly ever publishes manga but when they do it's always sweet. This is especially cool news because Ryan and Even (the translating/editing team) are great guys who run one of the best manga-related blogs out there: SAME HAT. Check it out if you want some more information on Tokyo Zombie (unfortunately I don't think I can link it because it has scanslations; Google is your friend).
HellKorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Freelance manga translator Ryan Sands has revealed that Last Gasp will publish Yusaku Hanakuma's Tokyo Zombie horror comedy manga in North America on September 18.

I'll be expecting it this winter, then.

That cover is pretty awesome, too.
CorrosiveMeso

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
The Same Hat guys are awesome. They'd been torturing readers about their secret project for a while, so this is great news. If it's released on time, it'll make a great birthday present for me (okay, six days late).
Heretic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I remember seeing the live-action movie and really enjoying it. It's really...weird to say the least.
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:38 am Reply with quote
The movie adaptation is great and I'll certainly be picking this up when it comes out.
samehat ryan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Hi Guys!

Thanks for the support and kind words. This is the first in what will hopefully be a series of different indie/underground manga projects. They are filling a really cool niche, somewhere between the triangulation of Giant Robot Magazine, Dark Horse and PictureBox in terms of themes and content. I feel lucky to have managed to be a part of Tokyo Zombie and would love to do more projects with them if this sells well and have the chance.

HellKorn: You'll be happy to know that they are actually way ahead of schedule and I think the book will definitely be happening on time. The plan is to actually have book on hand to preview to people at San Diego in late-July. I'll keep everyone posted on our blog, but I think you'll be happy by September (at the latest).

If you have any questions or anything, let me know over on the SH post.

thanks again!
Ryan
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
That cover is pretty awesome, too.

Watch your jaw when you realize what the Japanese cover is composed of. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote
samehat ryan wrote:
HellKorn: You'll be happy to know that they are actually way ahead of schedule and I think the book will definitely be happening on time. The plan is to actually have book on hand to preview to people at San Diego in late-July. I'll keep everyone posted on our blog, but I think you'll be happy by September (at the latest).

Oh, cool, that's awesome. Past experience has taught me otherwise, but you guys pushing it forward and keeping on time is very encouraging.

Also glad that Last Gasp is going for more niche manga. It's fantastic that we have publishers like PictureBox, Drawn and Quarterly, Fanfare, etc. that are continuing to put out material that is neglected by most English manga readers but is dearly loved by those few supporters.

Keep up the good the work!

dormcat wrote:
Watch your jaw when you realize what the Japanese cover is composed of. Twisted Evil

That's alarmingly sexy and frightening at the same time. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1