• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TitleMatch Halts Production of ImaginAsian DVDs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Area88

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Animeondvd was suggesting the license had expired for these shows but thankfully it's just a distribution problem.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Glad I got my order in before that happened. Cool
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Agreed.

I just ordered all of Cat's Eye, and the remaining Orguss DVDs that I needed. But that was like only two or three days ago. The info has been entered on my order status page on Rightstuf. Hopefully they will honor all of the orders that happened before they took these titles off. Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

That goes for me, too. Remi arrived in the mail not even 5 days ago. *phew*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I hope they can manage to find a way to bring these titles back in print, and a format to suit their future releases if they choose to continue Anime Classics.....
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Well...damn!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quote
If TitleMatch owes them money they may not recover....
Apterous

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quote
Well, ImagineAsian did a good job of finding a low-price print-on-demand DVD producer... its not their fault the DVD producer had no idea how to make money. X(
pat_payne

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Apterous, it's looking more like TitleMatch may have been a shady outfit to begin with. That last paragraph (failing to submit SEC filings in a timely manner and the shuffling around of execs) speaks to me of a company that has a bit more serious problem to deal with than just garden-variety incompetence.

That being said, I hope ImagineAsian finds a new distro house for their DVDs. Orguss, Cat's Eye and Nobody's Boy Remy don't deserve to retreat back into obscurity. And having met Justin Sevakis once, he's pretty much a stand-up guy, and I really do hope that this doesn't affect IA overmuch.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Apterous wrote:
Well, ImagineAsian did a good job of finding a low-price print-on-demand DVD producer... its not their fault the DVD producer had no idea how to make money. X(

Justin Sevakis did a good job. Since Justin was at IAe at the time, they do indeed deserve credit, but I think Justin deserves credit first.

-t
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quote
I tried to order the remaining volumes of all three series (I own 1-5 of all three) from RACS last night. While they were still listed as in stock I got a cancellation message this morning since the remaining stock sold out just minutes after the announcement.
Case

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:39 am Reply with quote
Crappy news for me. Rightstuf was out of stock on Cat's Eye 3-8 since their spring cleaning sale. I just sold my copies of disc 1-2 on eBay yesterday in preparation for buying the $83 complete version.

So, sucks to be me. Here's to hoping this doesn't tie IAE up in financial woes, and that they find a new manufacturer speedily.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
I tried to order the remaining volumes of all three series (I own 1-5 of all three) from RACS last night. While they were still listed as in stock I got a cancellation message this morning since the remaining stock sold out just minutes after the announcement.

I am in somewhat of the same situation.

I had three discs left for Orguss. I ordered them three days before this news hit(see 3rd post), along with the complete Cat's Eye. The Cat's Eye shipped. The last three Orguss DVDs got cancelled. Crying or Very sad

Thing is, out of the three, Orguss is the one I wanted most. I was buying that one piecemeal, so that I could put orders over the $49 mark.

So I guess I am lucky I will be getting one complete(or a full season at least) with Cat's Eye. But it's pretty frustrating to only have 5 out of 8 Orguss DVDs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Dargon: If it makes you feel better, that's still more Orguss episodes than most people saw on VHS. Wink
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:06 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Dargon: If it makes you feel better, that's still more Orguss episodes than most people saw on VHS. Wink

And there's always the terrible HK pirate DVD's on eBay as well, but then I'm being sarcastic in that response.

Needless to say I'm a bit pissed at the whole matter. Just got it in mind I wanted to check out Remi and now I can't. Rather just ask someone to BT/eMule it since I don't have high hopes they'll get released again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2