• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Acquires Stranger

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
BD & DVD release ! Cool Cool i guess the merging of BE & BV is starting to show it's fruits.
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
When we post the full Bandai Panel report you'll hear a little bit more about what Bandai has to say regarding blu-ray technology.

Anime smile
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I'm glad to hear that it's getting a Blu-ray release.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh....

A beautifully animated movie with a plot straight out of a high-school creative writing class. The animation quality is enough to make this title worth it, but I think I'll be passing on this one. I'm only interested to see how Bandai Entertainment handles the release.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I saw a trailer for Sword of the Stranger a while back, but I don't really remember it. I don't know enough about this to have much of an opinion on this announcement. Sounds like its getting good reviews though so I'll keep my eye out for it.
loka

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:06 am Reply with quote
i had watched this movie soley because animation was directed by the guy (so i heard) who had a hand in the action scenes of FMA, cowboy bebop movie, and soul eater (notably episode 1). i wasnt let down -- the action scenes are damn good in this movie.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quote
^ That is Yutaka Nakamura who is simply awesome. The end fight is one of the most stunning fight sequences I've seen in an anime. It was also one of the better ending fights I've seen because it was rather even.

Anyway an excellent pick up by Bandai since this is an excellent movie and imo the best anime movie released in Japan last month.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
^ That is Yutaka Nakamura who is simply awesome. The end fight is one of the most stunning fight sequences I've seen in an anime. It was also one of the better ending fights I've seen because it was rather even.

Anyway an excellent pick up by Bandai since this is an excellent movie and imo the best anime movie released in Japan last month.
I'd probably say the same, but Seirei No Moribito's fight scenes take the cake by far for me.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
The fight scenes were excellent. I hope it gets a wide release so I don't have to drive to far to see it in a theater.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1