• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Confirms Gurren Lagann on Sci Fi Channel

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jih2

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote
GOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!

I'm still buying the LEs via TRSI though. Still, it'll be interesting to see what happens when a series primarily aimed at industry fans hits the "mainstream" anime fans. Cool.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. I haven't seen any of Gurren Lagann, but from what little I've heard of it it doesn't sound like the type of series I'd expect on Sci-Fi. But at least they are getting something new.

I've heard that GL has episodes that run a bit longer than typical half-hour animes, though, and Sci-Fi tends to cut stuff out for time a lot. I wonder if I might have enjoyed Noein more if they hadn't done so much chopping. Hopefully it won't be too bad with Gurren Lagann.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quote
OH YES!!! Go Bandai! \o/ This news made my day. I can't wait for the end of July.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

NOW we can celebrate. Very Happy

Last edited by v1cious on Sat May 24, 2008 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quote
And with that Bandai takes over first place as my favorite American anime distributer. Sorry, FUNi, I'm sure you'll retake the lead again soon enough.

Can't wait!

Too bad they can't confirm the cast, I've literally been waiting all day for it to be posted.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
well this'll be interesting I've seen one episode and I think it looks to be very interesting
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm glad Bandai clarified who has the primary rights and which rights they have. It does make me think they're reading the ASMB (the Adult Swim Message Board), however - though maybe the fussing some of us were doing on the topic here and at AoD might have been noticed as well Cool .
504NOSON

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Danm!!! More crappy dub being aired on American T.V. Hasn't sci-fi learned from their first experience,with sucky American dub hack jobs,that,it isn't gonna work?

[Edit: Support your statements or don't make a statement. This is trolling otherwise and further attempts at doing so will simply be removed. - Keonyn]
jvowles
Otakon Representative

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON wrote:
Danm!!! More crappy dub being aired on American T.V. Hasn't sci-fi learned from their first experience,with sucky American dub hack jobs,that,it isn't gonna work?

Damn! More pointless know-it-alls complaining about something they've never seen or heard! Haven't elitist fans who consider instant fansubs the height of progress figured out that that won't sell stuff to the general public?

Just saying, is all. You might just consider bitching about it AFTER you've seen it rather than before.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON wrote:

Maybe I'm being foolish even asking this, but how do you know the dub will suck? I mean, not even the cast has been announced yet. Or are you someone who just views all dubs as bad?
MetatronM

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Ewww...TV version of episode 6. Crying or Very sad
Hegemonic

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON wrote:

That's a bit extreme point of view, but I don't think they can just air it subbed without losing some viewers.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
504NOSON wrote:

Maybe I'm being foolish even asking this, but how do you know the dub will suck? I mean, not even the cast has been announced yet. Or are you someone who just views all dubs as bad?

S/he's most likely a troll. Please don't feed the troll, I wouldn't want this thread to end up locked. There's the early sub-only release of TTGL for a reason.

This is great news for any of those who haven't seen the show and can enjoy watching it dubbed as well as the casual fans.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote
jvowles wrote:
504NOSON wrote:

Damn! More pointless know-it-alls complaining about something they've never seen or heard! Haven't elitist fans who consider instant fansubs the height of progress figured out that that won't sell stuff to the general public?

*golf clap*

I'd like to know what this learning experience is that this guy was talking about. If SciFi was having trouble with dub anime they would have dropped it a long time ago and certainly wouldn't have done their special Tuesday run. Subtitled anime is unproven on cable and subtitles in general are rarely accepted on American TV. No good reason for SciFi (or Adult Swim for that matter) to even entertain the idea of showing subtitles.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Well it is always good to hear about anime being put on TV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3