• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New My-Hime Project Begun in Japan

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quote
Can they please have learned their lesson from My-Otome and keep a lid on the otaku crap this time?
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Can they please have learned their lesson from My-Otome and keep a lid on the otaku crap this time?

What do you think the Mai-verse is?
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quote
I'm quite happy with the news, but I hope that the new series will be in the same vein as -HiME than the mess that was -Otome, meaning a better developed and more likeable cast of characters facing realistic issues. I also hope that they don't go overboard with the shoujo-ai fanservice that marred the early episodes of -Otome as well.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
I'm quite happy with the news, but I hope that the new series will be in the same vein as -HiME than the mess that was -Otome, meaning a better developed and more likeable cast of characters facing realistic issues. I also hope that they don't go overboard with the shoujo-ai fanservice that marred the early episodes of -Otome as well.

I agree with every single word of that post ^
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:23 am Reply with quote
Sweet, this was unexpected. I haven't seen Otome, but I also hope the new project is more reminiscent of Mai-Hime.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quote
This made me LOL. At this very moment I'm re-watching Mai-Hime (and have been for like a week..slowly.....darn Age of Conan slowing me donw) and my friend asks me "Does ANN look weird to you?" so I pause my episode and see this announcment. What are the freaking chances? Anime hyper I'm very happy about this and like everyone else, I hope it's more like HIME than otome
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:51 am Reply with quote
This better not be just another OVA. I want a new full-length series.
Jaice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
yay for hime. am also hoping it follows a hime rather than otome'esq storyline. otome was so cliched.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote
Yay. This makes me happy.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
What do you think the Mai-verse is?

Ok, granted, but Hime knew when to shut up and tell its own story rather than make another otaku joke.

Um, except for episode 26.
Satiety

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quote
wow, I'm excited yet kinda worried. Mai HIme was the best Mai series I've seen so far. It got me going until the very end. Mai Otome completely ruined the image (but some parts of the excitement was still there). The prequel for Otome is taking soooo long to be released, I'm even forgetting what happened on the 1st eps. The same thing with the sequel of it (It was horrendously boring but happy at some parts).

I'm REALLY hoping and wishing that this next installment will stay true to its original style. I mean, seriously, Arika was good and all but she's such a whiner and has annoying braids Razz /ends small rant
b4k4ni04

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote
The ONLY hope I see from this announcement is that I can get more Music composed by Kajiura Yuki << >> <<;; WHAT?! ^^;;;.

Then again, I never kept the Otome stuff, it only ever made an impact in the series.. once, if that. The music drove the series in Hime.

Just another series ground into the dust from too many remakes. :/...

(random @ otome: I could never imagine the main character as anything besides a shiro manju. <<;... ... It's what happens when you know the voice actor more prominently for the role of Mokona in Tsubasa >.<;...)
bluegreen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quote
I guess I'm one of the few who liked Otome more huh? lol

Granted, it didn't start that way, for a while I liked Hime more but after re-watching both shows dozens of times I find that Otome handled its plot better and it had a more epic feel to it. Plus there was no spoiler[big reset at the end]

Anyways, can't wait for this to come out. I remember hearing alot of rumors about a Mai-HiME Destiny, which is apparently a light novel series in Japan. Perhaps this is related to those novels. In case anyone cares....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mai_Hime_Destiny
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quote
While I didn't like Otome' more I certainly didn't loath it as many seem to. Honestly I'd put Otome on par with Hime IMHO. Certain characters I liked better and felt were portrayed better in each series. While Shiho remains annoying no matter what.. Rolling Eyes I am happy to hear that the My Hime franchise will be continuing, and I agree with PG that I hope this is a full series and not just an OVA or movie. If they're having a new lead though I wonder if the entire cast will be new or not. Since they made an announcement last year at Otakon maybe we'll see another by Bandai Entertainment this year.
Melbourne Mew Mew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quote
If it's called My HiME Destiny, does that mean the main character from the original show is going to come in and take over, a la Kira Yamato?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3