• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Lelouch Lamperouge by Figma

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I'm not a fan of the show, but this figure looks pretty cool.

And that last picture? I was dying of laughter.
minakichan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I was skeptical, but after seeing the second and last pictures, I MUST HAVE THIS.
Heretic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:51 pm Reply with quote
That second pose is hilarious. I'm usually not a fan of figures that aren't in a fixed pose, but this one I could get down with.
guitarist52692

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I lol'd hard at that last picture. And putting Lelouch into a Spinzaku kick pose is pretty awesome too.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
As soon as I saw that last picture, I laughed so hard I cried. I so want this figure.
batou65

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I was considering this, even though I already have the non-articulateable one. But Arthur makes it definite. Anime catgrin
manafairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I bought this figure as soon as it became available at CDJapan and I gotta say it's pretty freakin' awesome. It's great how the joints move so effortlessly and with such range, but still manage to stay fixed in position once you let go. I kept mine at my desk at work and ended up having to bring in the extra hands and faces just because I kept wanting to pose him differently every two seconds.

I really wish there were some more characters from series I actually care about coming out in the Figma line, because I need more of these Anime hyper
Starre257

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote
As soon as I saw this article, I searched around and found one and bought it. If it were any other character, I doubt I would have.
haplessweasel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote
So... can you also put Lelouch's head on Arthur?
Brian_FTP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Wow.. such detail!

Oh, by the way.. the second and final pictures are hilarious. Very Happy
i cast fira

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I laughed very very hard at the last picture.

I think I'll be getting this when I have the extra money to spend! Very Happy
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I have this figure as well, it's very nice. As said before the joints are incredible, they move so easily, but can still hold a pose. The extra parts are nice as well, above and beyond most similar figures including Revoltech which makes the higher price easier to take. One thing I don't think was mentioned was the inclusion of a ziplock figma bag for storing the figure, I have never heard of the a figure coming with a storage bag before, what a concept! (I'll never actually use the bag since I save the boxes, but still, that's unexpected). I can't wait to get more of these, they're such great figures (have Nagato already and Saber is on the way).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wing_Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
this is the only figure i own. I'm glad to have it. They sell for $45 - $55 on Ebay now incl. shipping.

I do find it a HUGE pain when i was switching his head to the Zero mask. I was worried that i would break something. Being it my first figure, i didn't want to break it! But it seems to be very strong so i'm glad ^^;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QVZVbegJGzU
this video is what made me crash and give in to buying this figure Razz
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I came to regret buying the Revoltech Saber (Fate/Stay Night) with time, since the sculpt seems to look worse and worse every time I look at it. The real nail in the coffin was seeing the Figma Saber, who has an absolutely fantastic sculpt and goes for around the same price. Fortunately, due to laziness/business, I never took that Revoltech out of the package and I'm hoping to sell it for the same price I bought it for one of these days.

And well, with all that said, I still love the Revoltech line to death (especially the Katsuhisa Yamaguchi sculpted robots), but I'll probably be more careful about buying the non-Yamaguchi sculpted Revs based on popular characters (i.e. likely to get more figures) in the future.

This is the official Figma website, by the way. Aside from those shown on the site, I know a Figma Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid 2) is on the way one of these days as well as the other three Lucky Star girls. I still don't know what's up with those manga-based PlaWres Sanshiro figures listed below everyone on the site (they've been there since it opened), as I haven't seen them on sale anywhere...
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
I came to regret buying the Revoltech Saber (Fate/Stay Night) with time, since the sculpt seems to look worse and worse every time I look at it. The real nail in the coffin was seeing the Figma Saber, who has an absolutely fantastic sculpt and goes for around the same price. Fortunately, due to laziness/business, I never took that Revoltech out of the package and I'm hoping to sell it for the same price I bought it for one of these days.

I know what you mean, but I don't regret it, especially when I can pare it with the amazing Saber Alter figure. On the other hand I think the Revoltech Fraulein Rin looks better than the figma version. I'm pretty happy with the RF line, I just wish the arms would stay on better, definite advantage to figma there.

Quote:
This is the official Figma website, by the way. Aside from those shown on the site, I know a Figma Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid 2) is on the way one of these days as well as the other three Lucky Star girls. I still don't know what's up with those manga-based PlaWres Sanshiro figures listed below everyone on the site (they've been there since it opened), as I haven't seen them on sale anywhere...

I think the Plawres figures may have just been a "demo" of sorts, something to give people a feel for the what the line will actually be like since a bare body is all they had to go by before. As far as I know those sculpts aren't actually based on any actual Plawres incarnation I know, certainly not an iconic one.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2