• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket season 2?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I've just started and finished the series today and have heard some people saying there might be a second season to Fruits Basket, Does anyone have any information about this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:46 pm Reply with quote
There is no season two, and if there is going to be, it has not yet been officially announced.

The fruits basket anime ended slightly different then the manga that focused on that part. The ending the anime gave makes it pretty hard to continue from that point. *the whole akito thing*

On a happier note, Tokyopop is releasing the first volume of the Fruitsbasket manga this month. *cheers* So you'll get to at least continue from where the anime left off through that.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I know that the manga is coming out soon but I'd rather continue another season in anime and not manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:57 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
I know that the manga is coming out soon but I'd rather continue another season in anime and not manga.

Me too Sad

Such good series deserves season 2 Smile
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:27 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:

The manga is better anyway. Razz I became a fruits basket fan because of the anime, but since the manga has only a couple tiny differences and add ons, like things to do with some characters, the manga gets top pick in my book.

The Fruits Basket anime as been a dead property in Japan for some time now. If they ARE planning on animating another season, they're most likely waiting for the manga to end, which hasn't happened yet. Personally I don't think it'll happen. I don't recall the anime becoming hugely popular in Japan.
rektagunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:44 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
The Fruits Basket anime as been a dead property in Japan for some time now. If they ARE planning on animating another season, they're most likely waiting for the manga to end, which hasn't happened yet. Personally I don't think it'll happen. I don't recall the anime becoming hugely popular in Japan.

Actually, the anime was one of the top-rated tv shows when it first came out, at least, in the Kanto region (which includes Tokyo):
animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=1446

the second season is only a rumor...for now. Here's hoping for a second season, as I am STILL waiting for a box set / bundle deal from the first season (hinthint....rightstuf, plspls....)
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:48 pm Reply with quote
The fruits basket manga was rated #5 of all anime and #1 among womens anime.
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:17 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
The fruits basket manga was rated #5 of all anime and #1 among womens anime.

Manga rated number five of all anime? Do you mean the anime was number five of all anime, or that the manga was number five of all manga. Also how long a time was this statistic for, number five for the year, for a week, number five ever.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:26 pm Reply with quote
By not popular I'm going by it seeming to be a dead property anime wise now with nothing new product-wise. Everything that's new is coming from the manga.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:06 am Reply with quote
rektagunn wrote:

the second season is only a rumor...for now. Here's hoping for a second season, as I am STILL waiting for a box set / bundle deal from the first season (hinthint....rightstuf, plspls....)

Yeah, a box set would be fun, but really...4 discs at, what 6 eps a disc isn't that bad. I thought Fruits Basket was one of the less expensive series I bought.

I agree with little that it would be hard to do a season 2 off of where the first one left off. (I just finished the series recently, and was a bit bummed by the ending, but it was fitting.) I could see a sequel of filler stuff happening, though. Kinda like what they did with FMP?Fumoffu. That way you could get some insights into character personalities more, perhaps some relationship development, and fun stuff. But, yeah, I don't think they could really continue off of where they ended season 1. Who knows...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1