• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2008 - Viz Media

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Death Note and Hunter x Hunter boxsets, sweet. Smile I wasn't even expecting a DN boxset this soon. Also planning to get the 2nd Naruto movie and 1st Bleach movie, but I'll pass on the 3rd Naruto movie and pretend that was a bad dream.

I'm curious about these "3-in-1" manga volumes they're releasing. What will they do with series like Rurouni Kenshin that has 28 volumes? I'd hate to have 9 Rurouni Kenshin big volumes and then one tiny 28th volume sitting on my shelf, that'd look weird.
melonbread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Bleh.... I want to know if the Naruto movies are getting limited editions like the first movie, along with the Bleach movie(soon to be 's).

Also, I have a feeling that we won't be hearing anything about Shippuuden until AX2009. I think Viz are definately going to go all the way through the filler first, which is expected, and what they should do. I mean they can't really go and release Shippuuden simultaneously (like I thought they might)...
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Death Note box sets, heh? I've already started on the singles, so I'll stay with that. Though, it's a very good decision on Viz's part. Kudos for giving a release date for HXH, too. Now if only it would come with an alternate subtitle track for signs and songs... >.>

doctordoom85 wrote:
What will they do with series like Rurouni Kenshin that has 28 volumes? I'd hate to have 9 Rurouni Kenshin big volumes and then one tiny 28th volume sitting on my shelf, that'd look weird.

I think the most logical thing to do is go up to vol. 7 of the Viz Big editions with 3 books per volume and then finish it out with 2 books per volume. Though, Viz doesn't always use logic...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Given its age and the lack of success of its OVA adaptation, Gestalt seems like an odd choice for a manga acquisition. But I'm still not disappointed by this news, as I've always wanted to know more about that story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Damn, how many times are they going to release those manga?!
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
melonbread wrote:
Bleh.... I want to know if the Naruto movies are getting limited editions like the first movie, along with the Bleach movie(soon to be 's).

Also, I have a feeling that we won't be hearing anything about Shippuuden until AX2009. I think Viz are definately going to go all the way through the filler first, which is expected, and what they should do. I mean they can't really go and release Shippuuden simultaneously (like I thought they might)...

The 2nd Naruto movie will be 2-disc, so I doubt it'll get a second release, but who knows?

As for Shippuden, I'd say it should start airing on Cartoon Network by February at the latest. I mean, the fillers will be finished by November or so, so I can't imagine them waiting to long to get Shippuden out (especially since the fillers' ratings will probably be pretty low by that point.)

(note: yes, Cartoon Network, since Adult Swim has flat out said they're not interested in Naruto.)
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Strange, it's not in the article, but I'd like add this:

-Viz mentioned that HXH will be released in 4 box sets. The first box sets will have 3 discs and will include 15 episodes.

-They also mentioned that they are planning a release of the Monster anime for either DVD or TV, anything they can get. It should be released in 2009.

-And the release Honey and Clover anime is possibly 2009.

I got that from here:Anime smile + sweatdrop
http://www.animeondvd.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=83152&page=6
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd love it if they released Monster on 15-or-so episode boxsets like H x H. That'd be awesome.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Sadly no news on Shippuuden. v.v I know we won't be getting Shippuuden for awhile until after the fillers, but a little hint to when and any mini-previews would've been nice. Wink Ah well, at least the movies will be good to satisfy for now. I kinda hope they do have special editions like the first one did, but if they don't, meh, no big loss.
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
What a surprise Gestalt the manga, well I might just pick up the manga as soon as I pick up the anime , now time for me to pick up Fushigi Yugi (as well as the anime) !!!

And I can't wait to get Hunter x Hunter, as long as Salami Studios doesn't dub it!!!!! (They did a lackluster job with Buso Renkin)
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Sadly no news on Shippuuden. v.v I know we won't be getting Shippuuden for awhile until after the fillers, but a little hint to when and any mini-previews would've been nice. Wink

It was stated that they have Shippuden.

doctordoom85 wrote:
Yeah, I'd love it if they released Monster on 15-or-so episode boxsets like H x H. That'd be awesome.

Indeed. Smile
RoseWhip

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Hard cover collectors editions of Bleach sound nice, but I hope they're not rereleasing all 24 volumes like that. The temptation to catch 'em all buy them all is too much, and my budget can't handle such expenditures! (Especially since I already have every single volume...)
xia83

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy to hear news about Hunter x Hunter. Thats a "buy the moment is becomes a preorder" show.

But they arent going to have Honey Clover out untill 2009? Ehh...
Ragebot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
No news on continuing the DVD releases of Full Moon and Hikaru no Go? This does not quell my fears about incomplete releases of their future titles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Awod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote
xia83 wrote:
I'm so happy to hear news about Hunter x Hunter. Thats a "buy the moment is becomes a preorder" show.

But they arent going to have Honey Clover out untill 2009? Ehh...

Same i can't wait. I never expected this will have to set aside some money to make sure I can get it ASAP.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3