• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2008 - The Right Stuf International/Nozomi Entertainment

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Nice to hear the the Toward the Terra film is finally getting a rerelease. My VHS is fine, but it'll be nice for new fans to see the older version which has it's own merits apart from the TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:17 am Reply with quote
Renaisance Otaku wrote:
Nice to hear the the Toward the Terra film is finally getting a rerelease. My VHS is fine, but it'll be nice for new fans to see the older version which has it's own merits apart from the TV series.

What's going to work to the advantage of everybody this time around is that they are going to be getting the Japanese remaster material for the film. That means better quality to it by all means.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote
From the AoD report wrote:
The next announcement was for remastered versions of The Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV and OAV series. The new versions will use proper subtitles (no hard subs) and be released in value format package(s). Anticipating buyers of the previous box sets would feel burned, Shawne made it clear they would find a way to “make things right”. As mentioned in their AX press release, a trade-in program is being worked on for owners of the Ultra Editions.

I have both Ultra Editions. I am wondering how that will work. I would like the remasters of course, but I am not sure if I would want to trade them in for an economy set, even if the video is better. I mean the goodies that came with the Ultras freaking awesome in my opinion. Plus I don't think I bought them from the Rightstuf store(actually I think I did buy one from there, but definitely not both).

I wonder how that will all work out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
I have both Ultra Editions. I am wondering how that will work. I would like the remasters of course, but I am not sure if I would want to trade them in for an economy set, even if the video is better. I mean the goodies that came with the Ultras freaking awesome in my opinion. Plus I don't think I bought them from the Rightstuf store(actually I think I did buy one from there, but definitely not both).

I wonder how that will all work out?

Details TBA, but it will most likely involve sending only the video discs back to TRSI, like their recall of the original Tylor DVD 4 pressing, or more recently, AnimEigo's Oh My Goddess! remastered trade-in.

Thus making the Ultra Editions live up to their name, like should have been done in the first place. Wink
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:20 am Reply with quote
The shipping for the four defective Bandai discs (Otome, Destiny, Flag, Eureka) was only $1.81 which is much less than if I were to send off the cases as well. Tylor consists of five DVDs for the series and OAV. I don't think the three Bonus DVDs will (or should) be remastered if they are even included on the new set.

I wonder how much this service will cost, but I am willing to spend a little to upgrade my current discs since I'm the type of person who frequently double dips for remasters/remixes at full price.

There really isn't too much content on the episode discs which might go missing. I really hope they keep Neil Nadelman's excellent DVD notes which points out many in jokes, technical issues, translation notes, and explains how the series relates to the novels. These notes were a bit hard to access since they were linked to the individual episodes under scene selection, but they are some of the best extras I've ever seen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1