• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, June 24–30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nkaze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quote
Everytime I see this section, all I can ever look at is the prices. Then I look at what we get charged for manga.....followed by a crying jag and a sudden return to studying japanese. Thank god for furigana.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:09 am Reply with quote
It's weird to see that the English release is so close to the Japanese one for xxxHolic (the release of 12 here was almost the same time as the release of 13 there). Sadly, this means we have a nice long wait before getting 13 over here (Chapters.ca has the release listed for March 2009 Sad)

It's interesting to see B.O.D.Y. up there, that was a series that interested me in it's Shojo Beat preview. I say this WAY too much, but there's another series I'll need to check out.
tebalith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Everytime I see this section, all I can ever look at is the prices. Then I look at what we get charged for manga.....followed by a crying jag and a sudden return to studying japanese. Thank god for furigana.

Looking at DVD prices might make you feel better again.
Zoe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quote
Yay, HanaDan and Soul Eater Very Happy

I'm a little surprised HanaDan didn't hit #1 though.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote
Seeing what's popular in Japan comic wise is always a pleasure, being as the huge titles over here don't even break the top ten.
roesnail

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
[quote="marie-antoinette"]It's weird to see that the English release is so close to the Japanese one for xxxHolic (the release of 12 here was almost the same time as the release of 13 there). Sadly, this means we have a nice long wait before getting 13 over here (Chapters.ca has the release listed for March 2009 Sad)quote]

yeah its a very long wait. at least we are getting 2-3 tsubasa books in that time period. i think del-ray should have released TRC #18 before holic #12. spoiler[ we now know that something is going to happend with sakura. and watanuki is "related to syaoran" kindof spoils TRC's next arc]
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I think this is the first time in a long while that there are no Weekly Shonen Jump titles in the top 10
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Well that's one I wouldn't have expected, but it's probably not the first time it's happened. xxxHolic is in there, but I'd like to see how the next Tsubasa volume will do since these two run parallel in storylines.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1