• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Box Office, June 28–29: HanaDan Final at #1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I read the whole hana yori dango manga, and I honestly never quite understood what made this franchise so popular. Perhaps cause it was a trailblazer for ideas that are commonly used in shojo now. I liked the story, but not THAT much. I guess it must be the actors that make the live action so popular. I haven't seen it. I kinda think i should though at some point Anime hyper!
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I dunno why it's popular, either, but anything to smite Lucas' winning streak is good enough for me.
aluria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
The live-action show is very well written and the acting is excellent. I for one cannot wait till I get to see this movie. I've been counting down the days since it was announced last year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Umai_Mouri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Yes, the show is well written. Matsumoto Jun, Oguri Shun, Inoue Mao and the others are fantastic actors and they make the show fun to watch. It was worth seeing the two seasons of the live-action because of them. Now, I can't wait to watch the movie. Woot~
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quote
I think you can look at this series as being an inspiration for series such as Ouran, where you get to deal with grossly rich kids who don't even know the ways of the "commoner." It seems to be a favorite setting of mine as well. Which makes it all the more hilarious to watch or read.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1