• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paranoia Agent Episode 1 Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
absolutezero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 am Reply with quote
Twin Peaks the anime or what?? Razz that was great. Even though I never understood it, it was still enjoyable for some strange reason. Maybe its because anime really is a visual medium.

Gotta love those opening credits though, so surreal.
ShadowTech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:04 am Reply with quote
We need a fansub!
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:38 am Reply with quote
ShadowTech wrote:
We need a fansub!

I not only would need that, but I would also need to know the basic outline of the anime to see if I wanna watch it or not. Am I the only one like this? Just curious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
eva05

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it is really really good. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

And it is avail as fan sub.

j
Twage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:00 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
ShadowTech wrote:
We need a fansub!

I not only would need that, but I would also need to know the basic outline of the anime to see if I wanna watch it or not. Am I the only one like this? Just curious.

Outline? Kon's work really defies description. The general plot is a character designer who gets whacked with a bat... maybe. And there are these policemen trying to solve it and this magazine guy going after her... maybe. And her plushie talks, maybe. Or it could all be in her head, or some of it could be real and the rest could be in her head, or it could be in someone else's head.

It's Satoshi Kon and Seishi Minakami. Believe me, you want to watch it.
Invader_Spooch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:57 am Reply with quote
I found a Fansub in Spanish, and this show indeed:
1)makes sense (as much sense as it can on ep.1)
2)Is really interesting.

I love Satoshi Kon. Very Happy
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:03 am Reply with quote
I'm currently in the process of dling the first ep off of Kazaa, hopefully(The description didn't say) with english subtitles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
pai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Ummm...how on earth should I download it?...it won't let me. Where and how do you get a streaming provider?? Question
Cerberus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:48 pm Reply with quote
pai wrote:
Ummm...how on earth should I download it?...it won't let me. Where and how do you get a streaming provider?? Question

Download RealOne Player.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:02 pm Reply with quote
The opening animation lead me to believe this would be a regular burst-of-happiness anime. could I have been more wrong? It seems to be incredibly high quality and I'm sure has an engrossing story, but I'm a little burnt out right now of seeing shy girls that happen to freaking insane.
jeffmd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:23 pm Reply with quote
mmm, [edited by Tempest: at least two fansub groups have fansubebd it] subbed.

the anime is anythnig but a burst of laughter. When watching the intro, ask your self, is the world laughing with you? or at you?

The eps is kind of like what someone allready said. A character creator whos under a harsh deadline is attacked, well the attacker, a kid with golden shoes and matching bat, almost hits her, but then something happens she cant recall.

the remainder of the eps is the police trying to varify her story, come up with suspects, meanwhile people around her are either sympathetic or dubiuse and think she's pulling a hoax.

Havnt watched eps 2 yet.
Vegettex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:12 pm Reply with quote
first ep was pretty fun and cool, downloading ep 2 at the moment Smile can't wait to see it
Jkid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure that the clothing the kid wore was badass. When you think about the reason, it's the fact I thought that way since I saw the website's intro of the series.

So where can I get the clothing the guy wore in the website's intro?
Jkid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Don't tell me I've killed the topic.
Shinji_PG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:27 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm curious about one thing. There was a japanese boy that killed his mother with a BASEBALL BAT, and his alegations where very stupid (watching the renewal of evangelion, doesn't make every one to finaly realise the true meaning of the story, and then kill everybody :\). Anyways, i just though that Paranoia Agent, could be related to that. You can check those news in this site, the "begining" and the "ending" of that story. Then, if you watch carefully, that news was from 2003... well this anime started airing on February this year :\ I guess they are very related.
I tryed to find info about this on the net, but it seems no one really thought this way. Maybe I did a bad search, so please think about this and tell me something.
Just to finish this: well in the title we have the word Agent (and of course, the Paranoia)... Well, that kids motive was to do something important, as an AGENT could only do. And then the Paranoia comes perfectly, has it fits the mental condition of the young lad.

Anyways, i'm sorry for my bad english (as it isn't my main language (Portugal here Very Happy)) and I hope i have came up with something to revive this thread :\
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1