• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Models

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neardawg1979

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I've been buying models online at www.gundamstoreandmore.com, but I'm wondering if there's any brick and mortar stores were I can find Gundam models.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:08 pm Reply with quote
There's the few that Bandai released, but you're never going to find them at a reasonable price at a B&M.

http://www.hlj.com is the cheapest source
Neardawg1979

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:34 pm Reply with quote
The only problem I see with this site is that all the prices are in Yen. They do have a much better selection though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EMY23-23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I do all of my Gundam model shopping at the Gundam Shop. They have a good selection.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The only problem I see with this site is that all the prices are in Yen. They do have a much better selection though.

And the US equiv price is right next to it. I'm failing to see the problem. Your credit card is charged in dollars regardless
Neardawg1979

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:00 pm Reply with quote
My fault, I didn't notice the dollar amount. If it didn't have it I wouldn't just charge it without having an idea of what it costs. Thanks for the link.
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:24 pm Reply with quote
If you don't have a yen comparison, just use $1=100 yen

Or use this

www.xe.com/ucc/
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Neardawg1979 wrote:
My fault, I didn't notice the dollar amount. If it didn't have it I wouldn't just charge it without having an idea of what it costs. Thanks for the link.

Just keep in mind that HLJ ships from Japan so unless you buy in bulk you may not be getting a deal.

www.bigbadtoystore.com has an excelent domestic selection of kits. And of course you can try ebay out, some people put up good HG lots from time to time. For brick and mortar stores TRU for some time was the exclusive retailer in the US so check them out. Target has has some good stuff from time to time. Walmart even has a couple kits in their toy department, but mostly SD kits right now.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:22 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
www.bigbadtoystore.com has an excelent domestic selection of kits. And of course you can try ebay out, some people put up good HG lots from time to time. For brick and mortar stores TRU for some time was the exclusive retailer in the US so check them out. Target has has some good stuff from time to time. Walmart even has a couple kits in their toy department, but mostly SD kits right now.

Hell yeah, I second that. BBTS is excellent source for Gundam and Macross stuff.

I also ordered from this place called Twin Moons Productions (www.tmpanime.com). They're not too shabby either.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I have a question. To paint the models and make them look really professional, are you supposed to use the markers or air brush?

I've used markers, and Wing Zero Custom looks pretty good. But I tried painting Tallgeese III, and it looks weird. Or, should I just higher a pro painter and have him paint the parts for me?

Last edited by Tony K. on Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quote
There's really no wrong way to do it, but chances are you aren't going to get it right the first time. Priming and painting is probably going to give you your best results. If you're really serious about it then invest in an air brush, it'll be worth it. Just a tip, don't paint on the sprues or you'll find some problems when removing the parts.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1