• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Mikuru Asahina, Bunny Girl Version

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
This is so funny! Laughing
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote
We'll add Japan to the countries that need therapy alongside Zimbabwe, Sudan and North Korea.

Those body pillows and the "ergonomic" mousepads were awful enough, but somehow this is more disturbing.

Is nothing safe anymore?
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Look, you don't have to touch it anymore after you pose it........
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Well that is disturbing I guess it could have been worse though. Those mouse pads scare the crap out of me by the way.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote
You know, over here in the states we've offered wrestling action figures that sweat (Jakks Pacific, look it up) so to me - unabashed mid-twenties heterosexual that I am - squishy breasts don't seem all that bad a feature at all.

Used to be folks laughed at things like this or the old ADV jiggle counter. Why is it now it's some sort of call to arms?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:

Used to be folks laughed at things like this or the old ADV jiggle counter. Why is it now it's some sort of call to arms?

I think you're missing some of the humor here. There's no "call to arms".
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Well that is disturbing I guess it could have been worse though. Those mouse pads scare the crap out of me by the way.

I can honestly say I was freaked out when I read that part of the article, but more so out of surprise or disbelief than of actual disgust or revulsion, but that aside:

What exactly is everyone referring to when you mention "ergonomic mouse pads"? Forgive me, but that little bit of info hasn't yet reached me. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
i'm getting the creeps just looking at it.
Alien1375

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
At best, I could tell you how accurately the sculpt matches the character and a few physical details, but I have no idea what else. But they're popular, so I was gonna do it. For you guys.

Quote:
This Mikuru is one of those elite Japanese figures with soft, squishable breasts. Press them, and they squish appropriately, as they did when I was trying to get her to hold her gun, causing me to drop the figure in shock and horror, then sob hysterically, then drink a great deal and pray for the release of death.

Please let a heterosexual guy do the next review of a girl shaped figurine. Confused
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Alien1375 wrote:
Quote:
At best, I could tell you how accurately the sculpt matches the character and a few physical details, but I have no idea what else. But they're popular, so I was gonna do it. For you guys.

Quote:
This Mikuru is one of those elite Japanese figures with soft, squishable breasts. Press them, and they squish appropriately, as they did when I was trying to get her to hold her gun, causing me to drop the figure in shock and horror, then sob hysterically, then drink a great deal and pray for the release of death.

Please let a heterosexual guy do the next review of a girl shaped figurine. Confused

Somehow I doubt that those comments had anything to do with the poster's sexual preferences. It IS NOT necessary to have squishy breasts on a toy. I think most people not into that sort of thing would agree.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Alien1375 wrote:

Please let a pathetic nerdbag do the next review of a girl shaped figurine. Confused

I think this is the coded message that lies beneath your comment.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

I can honestly say I was freaked out when I read that part of the article, but more so out of surprise or disbelief than of actual disgust or revulsion, but that aside:

What exactly is everyone referring to when you mention "ergonomic mouse pads"? Forgive me, but that little bit of info hasn't yet reached me. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

They mean that certain mousepads in japan are designed to have that gel wrist pad (You know, the extremely squishy ones?) place right upon the character's cleavage.

Essentially, the gel pad gives the female characters on the pad a '3-D' appearance. Get it now?

I think I have an image of something like that somewhere on my HDD, but I don't remember if I kept it or not...

I mainly wanted to show it to a friend because I laughed my ass off when I first saw it. It's that whole 'paying top dollar for a piece of crap' kind of issue.
sykoeent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote
heheheheh I actually have this! I bought it at Anime Expo. The sculpt is really good and, even though she looks down, I think it's because she's supposed to be displayed at a higher height. I know that the squishy boobies are on this, they're on one of my Rei Ayanami figu-sculpts as well. I think this little novelty is pretty interesting, and livens up one's collection. I had a girl over who ended up looking through my collection, got the whole, "You're a perv!" conversation. And then she got to one of the squishy boobies figu-sculpts, squeezed them and pretty much loved it. Strange? Yes. But it's something that is different from your average figu-sculpt! This is something I would recommend to any fan, Haruhi fan or not!
sykoeent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

They mean that certain mousepads in japan are designed to have that gel wrist pad (You know, the extremely squishy ones?) place right upon the character's cleavage.

Essentially, the gel pad gives the female characters on the pad a '3-D' appearance. Get it now?

I think I have an image of something like that somewhere on my HDD, but I don't remember if I kept it or not...

I mainly wanted to show it to a friend because I laughed my ass off when I first saw it. It's that whole 'paying top dollar for a piece of crap' kind of issue.

hahahahaha I actually have one of these too! I got it at Comic-Con!
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NP5001

It is... well.... pretty funny!
[/url]
Alien1375

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Somehow I doubt that those comments had anything to do with the poster's sexual preferences. It IS NOT necessary to have squishy breasts on a toy. I think most people not into that sort of thing would agree.

When re-reading the article I think I have to agree with you.
His hysterical fobia-like reaction towards this figurine is pretty suspicious. I think he actually liked the breast part but just don't wanna admit it to the readers.

Quote:
But they're popular, so I was gonna do it. For you guys.

How noble of you! I admire the kind of 'sacrifices' these reviewers have to make for us readers.....Rolling Eyes Little pervert..... Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3