• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: RoboDz to Run on U.S.'s Revamped Disney XD Channel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be expecting Disney to air Stitch! or Fireball in america ever.

Stitch is to "Japanized" by relocated it to Japan for Disney to risk bring it back to the US... it'd just confuse little kids who watch it, they would think. Unless they re-americanize it in the dub or something...

And Fireball is nigh untranslatable. It's 3 minutes of rapid fire japanese linguistic humor. "degozaru"->"saru"->"uki!" etc...
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Does the Anime hyper actually stand for something or are they seriously naming the new channel after an emoticon?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

And Fireball is nigh untranslatable. It's 3 minutes of rapid fire japanese linguistic humor. "degozaru"->"saru"->"uki!" etc...

Besides, the "sassiness"** of the female protagonist wouldn't fly on Disney here if she wasn't a robot. Laughing

[** And some of the camera angles....]
Nebs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Does the Anime hyper actually stand for something or are they seriously naming the new channel after an emoticon?

I think it's supposed to be read as Ex-Dee, not seen as the Anime hyper emoticon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PrometheusUFO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote
To Disney, X D currently stands for "Xtreme Digital". As the title Disney X D is currently only applied to Toon Disney's streaming episodes website.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1