• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ultimate Venus GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikari06

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little surprised nobody's commented (I guess people prefer arguing with a negative review more than agreeing with or commenting on a positive one). Great review, Casey! This sounds like the kind of shoujo I've been wanting to read: a story with a strong female lead who doesn't follow the tropes of the shoujo genre (or manga in general) or get lost amidst a sea of bishonen beefcake, and her reactions sound a lot more realistic and relatable than most manga heroines...to me at least. Anime smile And as a bonus, it's nice to read a story that includes a gay male character who isn't just bishonen fangirl fodder. Cool
brittiney360

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote
I'm really liking the idea of having a much stronger female lead in the picture; I'll have to check this out for sure. Although...from what I got out of the review, her mom really did a good job making her afraid of straight men. I wonder why...
miggie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quote
5 bucks says that her father is still alive and he walked out on her mother. By the Britney who is that singer Question
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1