• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hai Fidelity - Yui: I Loved Yesterday

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darcerin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Hooray for Yui! I first heard her through her Bleach music, and have been a fan ever since. I'll definitely be picking this cd up!
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If you are a fan of Bleach, you might remember Yui from the fifth opening and ending theme songs.

Weeellll, despite being a fan of Bleach, I don't see how it's possible that I might remember an opening that hasn't even aired on Adult Swim yet, and an ending that's not yet available on the DVD releases.

So, maybe I'll get back to ya' in a few months.

spoiler[Get a towel; this post is dripping with sarcasm]
x1onexwo1fx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quote
Good to see YUI's getting some attention on ANN. Unfortunately, I didn't like I Loved Yesterday as much as I liked her previous two albums, but some songs on it definitely shine.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quote
I'm still contemplating getting this album so the review helps. But I don't know if I could like anything better then c.h.e.rry (it was something like that) and rolling star.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quote
...sorry for the double post.

Last edited by zanarkand princess on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quote
It's nice to see Yui survived the ax of an English reviewer. She really does have an amazing voice. I have her first album, Can't Buy My Love, and I agree with zanarkand princess, CHE.R.RY is an awesome song, but that whole album is great. I really like Winding Road as well. I should look into her newer albums.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:57 am Reply with quote
Absolutely one of my favorite songstresses (did I make that word up?) from Japan. Yui can rock out, pop out or, um, ballad out with the best of them, and her songs like "Tokyo," "Feel My Soul," "Rolling Star," and "Life" are strong regulars in my playlist. It'd be nice to see more of her Stateside.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:09 am Reply with quote
Gambare, YUI-chan!
mirax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
I agree that her songs really do sound similar, but as I enjoy her sound, it doesn't bother me. I own all her albums and I have to say I've enjoyed the other ones more, but this one still manages to be given equal playing time on my iPod. It's nice to really know what each song is about, and it gives more depth to the songs to me now. Thanks for the review, YUI needs more English speaking fans ^^
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
It's nice to see Yui survived the ax of an English reviewer. She really does have an amazing voice. I have her first album, Can't Buy My Love, and I agree with zanarkand princess, CHE.R.RY is an awesome song, but that whole album is great. I really like Winding Road as well. I should look into her newer albums.

Just so you know, "From Me to You" is YUI's first album, so you have her second album, but at least be glad to know there's more YUI for you to get ahold of. Smile

Anyways, I didn't like " I Loved Yesterday" as much as her other albums, however she's still very young, and will continue to develop her sound, and bring new things to the table. This is her third album in, what is it? 4 Years? That's pretty impressive when you consider the consistancy of each one.

As for the review, seeing that I almost always make point of it, I will say this one was done well, it's at the same quality as the others, which means I still think it could do with some improvement in how fluent it all comes together.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Full_Metal1923 wrote:
teh*darkness wrote:

Just so you know, "From Me to You" is YUI's first album, so you have her second album, but at least be glad to know there's more YUI for you to get ahold of. Smile

Oh weird, you're right. I thought "From Me to You" was her second album. Methinks I should pay closer attention to artists I like... Anywho, thanks for the correction. Smile
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I 100% agree that “No Way” should've been a longer. Other than that, this is probably YUI's best album yet.
minakichan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I love YUI; her voice is haunting and her songs are lovely. "My Generation" really spoke to me. I agree that a lot of her songs are sadly really similar, but they're all quite good so I can't really complain.
anime_lord1989

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:47 pm Reply with quote
yui yui yui yui yui...........yeah!!!!!!!!
Gemini07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:16 am Reply with quote
Didn't know they did music reviews here but whoooooooo more Yui.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2