• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad After Story Promo Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hayakubaka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:23 am Reply with quote
If I am not entirely wrong, the first episode will be launched the 2nd of october Anime smallmouth
Hagaren_Otaku726

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote
That's very good news =D

I'm almost finished watching the Clannad anime, the original one from 2007, and though I already kind of know the general ending (And it's SAD Anime cry), it's kept me interested right from the start.

Thanks for the release date, Hayaku!
mao_kihan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote
Finally some news I can look forward to. Now if they could give some kind of release date for the second season of Haruhi I would be a very happy camper.
mastertr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote
Hot damn, I can't wait =] The original Clannad series was fantastic, and imo, the best show of the Fall 2007 season. I hope this series can live up to my expectations as well Anime smile. I am such a whore for Key and Kyoto Animation products...
Taijuey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote
Hooray! October's not too far away. I'll be anticipating this very much. Very Happy
skyler25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote
Yaaaay~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sekai-kun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
Yay! Can't wait for it Smile
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
mao_kihan wrote:
Finally some news I can look forward to. Now if they could give some kind of release date for the second season of Haruhi I would be a very happy camper.

Ditto this (and news on FMP, as well). Can't wait for October, one more series to look forward to watching.
se37

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
man, this sounds great. Clannad was such a great series... I wonder how the After Story will be. I'm wondering if it will go to the route of the original or more towards the movie in the end. spoiler[In the end of the movie, Tomoya and his daughter stay together and live on while in the original story, they both die during a trip in the mountains]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote
ONE
MORE
MONTH...

MUST CONTROL... URGES FOR... DRAMA AND... NOT WATCH... ANYTHING ELSE!

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Well, the cool thing is I have no exams before october 2nd so nothing would ban me from computer access. Still, is it just me or did the animation quality get a 'mild' step up? And strictly in the frame-rate department.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote
*explodes with joy*

This is awesome news! Probably the only harem series (outside of Tenchi and...well Ranma if you count that) that I have ever liked and now it's back! ^-^
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:
*explodes with joy*

This is awesome news! Probably the only harem series (outside of Tenchi and...well Ranma if you count that) that I have ever liked and now it's back! ^-^

Harem's such a loosely used term, I can't help but feel it's wrong for this situation. Maybe the original season could be counted as such but Key's works are really more melodrama oriented, with that typical Key touch of fantasy.
Temuthril

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote
se37 wrote:
man, this sounds great. Clannad was such a great series... I wonder how the After Story will be. I'm wondering if it will go to the route of the original or more towards the movie in the end. spoiler[In the end of the movie, Tomoya and his daughter stay together and live on while in the original story, they both die during a trip in the mountains]

Actually spoiler[things in Tomoya's life are pretty well after the mountain trip, it's only afterwards when Ushio gets a fever.]
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:31 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:

Harem's such a loosely used term, I can't help but feel it's wrong for this situation. Maybe the original season could be counted as such but Key's works are really more melodrama oriented, with that typical Key touch of fantasy.

I agree with you somewhat, as that's rarely the only element in their stories. However, at the end of the day, it's still some guy who's randomly attracted x number of females (even if the relationships aren't depicted as romantic in the anime). And rarely are those relationships with someone other than the main protagonist. That always stands out to me and is usually a negative point, but Clannad was so entertaining and had enough of a focus elsewhere that I really enjoyed it regardless.
jetz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 am Reply with quote
Yeah it's still harem, just not the usual harem that people know of. Last year I saw a lot of "harem anime" that didn't fit the same description, such as True Tears, Kimikiss and of course, Clannad.

btw, the video is taking really long to load. Are there other links that will show the same video?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2