• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hyakko Anime's Event Trailer Posted Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panda Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Seems like it might be similar to Lucky Star, but with less anime and manga references. I might check it out one day.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
great cast. and there seems to be an aweful lot of interesting anime this fall...I dont think i can keep up >.<
hara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Again one more boring nothing-ever-happens-series. As if there haven't been enough of those.
Jacket

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Nah, there's a bit more humor in Hyakko, and it's not like one of those slow conversational type stuff either. It's a bit like Azumanga except with a bit more character development and what not. Hyakko's got that Manabi Straight vibe except more whackier. I just caught up with the recent chapters and I can't wait for the anime.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Jacket wrote:
Nah, there's a bit more humor in Hyakko, and it's not like one of those slow conversational type stuff either. It's a bit like Azumanga except with a bit more character development and what not. Hyakko's got that Manabi Straight vibe except more whackier. I just caught up with the recent chapters and I can't wait for the anime.

if it's like Azumanga Daioh, I will definitely watch it. I loved Azumanga.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quote
It's not like Lucky Star either no manga references, thank god also no moe crap. Also things do happen in this show mostly with the main female character but I don't wanna give a spoiler away.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quote
hara wrote:
Again one more boring nothing-ever-happens-series. As if there haven't been enough of those.

I completely agree with you.

For the cast, we have the typical tsundere, who most likely is in the kendo club, the typical "serious, dead pan" type who probably makes odd jokes or is just annoying all together, the all to familar "Clusmy, air headed but kind" moe girl who is extremely native or is just a idot togehter, and last but certainly not least is the energetic go gether who is even worse the moe girl.

This sounds nothing like either Lucky Star or Azumanga Daioh. If anything this sounds like Hayate the Combant Butler or a generic school show. But of course, there is enough of these shows already.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:39 am Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
It's not like Lucky Star either no manga references, thank god also no moe crap. Also things do happen in this show mostly with the main female character but I don't wanna give a spoiler away.

Are you referring to this?

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3691/01mt7.png
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1