• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Shifts Bleach, Geass, Moribito Timeslots

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demon's Dream

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quote
Really? Why are they even still showing anime if this is the treatment the programs are going to get?
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote
This news really pisses me off. Thanks Adult Swim. Evil or Very Mad I hope eventually that the anime licensing companies will start moving their shows elsewhere and say "screw you" to Adult Swim and their bullshit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Katimusha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
Well the only anime that is actually getting treated right seems to be bleach because code geass and Moribito have been screwed over with their time slot.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quote
DAMN! that is freaking brutal. they might as well not even have an anime block any more.
halo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote
Um... I don't see this listed anywhere on their schedule. It's still showing the old schedule. Can anyone confirm this story?
Key

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
Wow, Moribito must have been doing especially awful in the ratings for it to be moved liked that after only three episodes. Code Geass getting moved is more of a surprise, though, since that one's closer to the style that [as] has always aired. It's a sad, say day when either series has been downgraded on the schedule in favor of hideous offerings like Tim and Eric Awesome Show and Assy McGee. Razz

Glad I still have my DVR. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote
If this is just for this Sat., then I may be willing to overlook it, but if this is the permanent schedule then I am officially done with trying to watch anything on Adult Swim. Every frickin' time I start to get into a show they go and switch it to an ephed-up timeslot. Eureka 7, Blood+, and now Code Geas and Moribito at the same time. And this one was to the extreme. Seriously, 5am with no encore or nothing? And for what? to show FMA again? Confused Are those two shows really not getting good ratings at all? They never give reasons for these scheduling changes so we can only speculate. I'm begining to agree with the people who say that the liscensors should go elsewhere with their anime, hell, I would...

Oh well, I'll just need to stick to the DVDs...
darkmar7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote
Code Geass in being pushed back? Why, it was going the way it was before. Bleach, then Code Geass and Moribito(have not seen that yet). Maybe they thought they by putting those two anime early Sunday morning, people will wake up to watch it. Or Adult Swim isn't thinking very much. IDK.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
Wow that schedule sucks big time...

I'll just stick to buying the series on DVDs then...

Sheesh...
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:45 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Wow, Moribito must have been doing especially awful in the ratings for it to be moved liked that after only three episodes.

it was only two episodes, wasn't it? And that show showed some serious potential in just those two episodes for being something beyond great. I really don't see how it could be a failure with only two episodes aired...
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote
Wow this blows. I actually started to watch Moribito last saturday, when randomly seeing what was on adult swim. Moribito was awesome! And now this. Confused

I've been mad at them for taking action out of weeknights, so haven't really watched adult swim since. Since they did that I don't watch any of their comedy shows that they produce. They been going down hill.

Hopefully companies make deals with other networks, perhaps Sci-fi? I don't know how their T.V. schedule works, or if they have special things on other nights of the week like anime mondays, but it would be so badass if they had every weeknight anime. THEY WOULD BE GOD! MY SCHOOL YEAR WOULD BE AWESOME!

But if nothing changes, then I'm buying more DVD's then I thought I would.

Last edited by leftbehindxp on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote
Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job My ASS!

If you had the time, you could've put something in there ANIMATED!

Wait, was that live-action? I can't tell anymore whatwith all the other crap.

Last edited by prime_pm on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
bayoab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
halo wrote:
Um... I don't see this listed anywhere on their schedule. It's still showing the old schedule. Can anyone confirm this story?

It was apparently on the flash schedule (not the image) before they completely pulled it from the web.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:54 am Reply with quote
5:00 - 6:00 AM slot? What the hell is this? The early 90's where "Japanimation" has to be shown at a slot reserved for early morning shift workers?

If Adult Swim doesn't want to show anime anymore, then they should just drop it and not bother with these pathetic schedule shifts.

Besides, Fullmetal Alchemist is pretty much affordable enough now for anyone to buy. It's just fruitless to continue on with these repeats!
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:54 am Reply with quote
Five? FIVE?!?!?!?! I swear to God, do they plan to do this to R2 as well?!!?!?!?!?!?!?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 19