• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The hunt for anime knowhow

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neku-Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:37 am Reply with quote
Hi hi all you nice people out there im doing a reserch project on Anime influence on kids and teens and its turned out to be one argues task.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any books/articles that might help in this task thanks for any help .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about any books that deal with the kind of subject you want. Anime's rise out of the underground is too recent, so there aren't many serious studies about it.

I suggest you check out The Anime Manga Web Essays Archive. It might have what you're looking for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:07 am Reply with quote
Neku-Boy wrote:

Hi hi all you nice people out there im doing a reserch project on Anime influence on kids and teens and its turned out to be one argues task.

..That is a ~very~ broad topic..

It might behoove you to focus a bit more on one particular aspect of 'influence' (Cultural differences from the pre- and post- anime boom, for example. I recall reading an article recently that said animated commercials are more common now than they were 5-10 years ago. I'd wager the growing popularity of TV animation had something to do with it..)

Aside from AMWA, you could also try Anime Research -- another excellent source of anime-related writings.

Last edited by cookie on Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Neku-Boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy thanks for the tips iv looked them up and found some stuff that will work. I also narrowed my topic a bit it was kind of large for the size of my project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1