• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop to Print The Faerie Path Spinoff Trilogy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
So TokyoPop's whole rising stars of OEL manga craze has died to be replaced with adaptations? Is anyone else noticing this somewhat bothering trend? It seems creator controlled stories are dead. TokyoPop has wiped the slate mostly clean, including a couple of series and creators I was looking forward to more of. Instead we get Star Trek Ghost Busters and numerous adaptions of popular novel series. (Which is funny since other comics publisher IDW also has Ghostbusters and Star Trek licenses.) I see this novel adaptation at Yen Press and Del ray too.

Well, on the bright side it's a spin off series, not a direct adaptation of the novels. I think straight up adaptations are a waste when I could just go read the original.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, to be honest, Japanese manga is full of light novel adaptions. Not to mention adaptions of video games, eroge, anime, etc.
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quote
UGH, that novel was horrible. Hopefully the manga can fix some of the numerous flaws.

OEL has gone to adaptions lately, no? Maybe it's to build a fanbase for it, then they'll restart the OEL creator-based works.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1