• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Anime TV Ranking, September 1–7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sburstall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:33 am Reply with quote
I would like to see the listing with all the kiddie anime removed. This ranking is to skewed towards the small kids to be taken as true representation of the popularity of anime.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Everything seems to have fallen back into place. But if you take all the kiddy anime out and just look at the regular anime, there's probably going to be a whole variety of shows, because I don't think there is a such dominant show to be reckoned with.
Cotek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote
sburstall wrote:
I would like to see the listing with all the kiddie anime removed. This ranking is to skewed towards the small kids to be taken as true representation of the popularity of anime.

I think it just shows that "kiddie" anime tend to be the most watched. I doubt the # of DVD buyers for example (that would be probably be skewed in the opposite direction, towards an older and more hardcore fanbase) would compare to the # of viewers.
Araki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Cotek wrote:
I think it just shows that "kiddie" anime tend to be the most watched. I doubt the # of DVD buyers for example (that would be probably be skewed in the opposite direction, towards an older and more hardcore fanbase) would compare to the # of viewers.

I just disagree about the "kiddie anime" thing. The right word would be "family shows". You know, those ones which parents and kids watch together and pretty much everybody in Japan loves.
Nonetheless, i think One Piece is the only top 10 show that has strong dvd sales. But we have the dvd ranking to check that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1