• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Wild Gift

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
the Karas? this game is sounding more and more awesome.
Jadress

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh God.. "Kirby super stars" for SNES is one of my favorite games of ALL TIME. I still never found all the treasures in the treasure hunt game, damnit- despite playing the game for over 10 years or so! (This is the first time one of the humorous "Buy this if" lines accurately describes me ^^)

Question about Disgaea- I've heard so much about this game, and I know the original PS2 version is rare and expensive now. Are the DS and PSP port basically the same as the original, including cinemas? I know part of the fun of that game was supposedly the anime-ness, and I wouldn't imagine a DS card would be capable of holding much video...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:10 am Reply with quote
Absolutely no one can disagree on the sheer awesomeness of that Megaman 9 Press Kit...

Makes me wish Capcom will hold some kind of contest or something with a few of those babies up for grabs... *keeps close eye on the blog*
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
About 80% of the games I plan to buy this year come out this week and I am now a broke student who is unable to buy more than one of them.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
I remember Stranded Kids and I bought Rhapsody before it became Ebay-gold... Am I... old...? Sad

Jadress wrote:

Question about Disgaea- I've heard so much about this game, and I know the original PS2 version is rare and expensive now. Are the DS and PSP port basically the same as the original, including cinemas? I know part of the fun of that game was supposedly the anime-ness, and I wouldn't imagine a DS card would be capable of holding much video...

The original didn't really have cinema's. It's cheap-ass animation all over (stills, big portraits, lots of sprites) and that's why we love it Smile If you want Disgaea, you might as well buy the DS vesion, since it's the cheapest one.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
We're all hoping for a masterpiece that makes up for Mega Man 4 through 8,

Hey, the last two games in that series were good, dammit!
matthewlow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quote
I agree too; all the classic games were amazing. Mega Man 8 is still my all time favorite.

That said, the fact there's a Mega Man 9 is all that matters. I've waited long enough for just Mega Man and Bass to whet my appetite.

Now I have to go buy a Wii...
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quote
Rieko Kodama making a new RPG? Awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Requiem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
The original didn't really have cinema's. It's cheap-ass animation all over (stills, big portraits, lots of sprites) and that's why we love it Smile If you want Disgaea, you might as well buy the DS vesion, since it's the cheapest one.

Last I checked, the PS2 version is the cheapest of the three (the most recent print is Greatest Hits.) The only downside is that you don't get the portable bonus mode.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:25 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that! One would think the news of hell freezing over would be memorable.... whoops...

Ah well, it's not as if Europe is getting a budget edition (right?), so the DS version is still the cheapest in 1/3 major regions Razz
atlanime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quote
Most people don't know that Karas was originally an American one-shot comic book by Dark Horse Comics.
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quote
now come on, i <3 hamtaro and the ham-hams
Showsni

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quote
I'm still struggling through the DS Lost in Blue... It's basically turned into a housework sim. Every day I get up, feed the fire, milk the goat, look for seaweed and firewood, come back, make his packed lunch for tomorrow and wait for him to get home. He eventually arrives at some stupid time like four am, eats the food I've lovingly prepared, tells me there's nothing new today and goes to sleep, with hardly enough time to get rested. At least they didn't blur the screen to simulate my near blindness.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:43 am Reply with quote
Is Lost in Blue that boring? In Stranded Kids I fought tigers with a knife, explored ancient ruins, kept a monkey as a pet and even did some crocodile hunting.
Mevious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
Would kids these days even remember Hamtaro? Even if they do, I'm sure they wouldn't care about this game The show is no longer on [US] TV and the DVDs are damn near impossible to find.

TvC: I'm holding out hope for Komugi (Nurse Witch version) or Runa (Soul Taker version), though Kyosuke is more likely.

Phantasy Star 0 graphically looks good for a DS game, but bad overall. I actually loved PSO and PSU and wouldn't mind seeing more in that vein.A continuation of the original Phantasy Star canon would be awesome, but looking at the recent SEGA remakes, I don't think it would be a great idea.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3