• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Switch Promotional Video with Anime Footage Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote
it seems interesting enough :/
(reminds me of death note though.....)
juno_senei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Ooo...i'm glad to hear that it's getting animated. though, 2 OVAs won't cover much of the manga story ^^;;

hehehe, Hal has always cracked me up and Kai is adorable as long as you don't mess with him. but Kai with red hair??? ^^;; don't think so.

ahh, i also approve of Hal's seiyuu...good choice since sakurai takahito is one of my faves!
konkonsn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, this OVA should make more sense than the manga, which has a choppy narrative, people making stupid moves (considering their profession), and characters that all look like each other. Vol. 2 was pretty good with its short stories, but vol. 1 and 3 with their longer narratives were just a mess. Vol 4 is going to determine for me if I continue this series or kill it and find a new one.

On another note, the animation really feels in direct contrast to the themes of Switch. Not only is it extremely clean, but the colors are painfully bright for a series about the drug underground of Japan. peachsncreamsoda said it seemed like Death Note, but Death Note kept people in much darker shades or watered down any parts that would have been otherwise bright (I remember the daylight always being dreary in that series).
juno_senei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quote
konkonsn wrote:
...and characters that all look like each other.

very true. i've lost count of how many times i had to back track to figure out who was who =_=. this was especially the case when Kai was undercover as a student to get close to another student who looked just like him. *sighs*

konkonsn wrote:
On another note, the animation really feels in direct contrast to the themes of Switch. Not only is it extremely clean, but the colors are painfully bright for a series about the drug underground of Japan.

again, i totally agree with this. =_=
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quote
konkonsn wrote:
but Death Note kept people in much darker shades or watered down any parts that would have been otherwise bright (I remember the daylight always being dreary in that series).

Now that I look back at it and compare the two, your right. Its just that Death Note was the first thing that popped into my mind when I first looked at it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1