• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Ah! My Goddess Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
king_micah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:47 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this time we get some Demons in the mix. Maybe a full OVA? I would love for them to deal with the plot in a more episodic manner too. The first OVA was nice, but we could do better.
rektagunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:48 am Reply with quote
and more Peorth, too!

ah, such good news......
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:15 am Reply with quote
rektagunn wrote:
and more Peorth, too!

ah, such good news......

This is (potentially) good news since I've been looking forward to another AMG OVA/movie. Of course, there will need to be a few Peorth sightings.
sun007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:42 am Reply with quote
rektagunn wrote:
and more Peorth, too!

ah, such good news......

I am too excited about the hopefully new OAV. I have always been a Ah My Goddess fan. Oh no, I can feel him coming! No, not fanboy Sun!

Aieeeee....!

Peorth...we loves Peorth, don't we

[drools...]
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:53 am Reply with quote
Should I even ask what the obsession with Peorth is? Maybe I need to be a guy...

But, yeah AMG is a cute show. Looking forward to the new one!
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:25 am Reply with quote
Huzzah! Confirmation! Both the 3rd OAV and now new Ah My Goddess!

'Effin new series think they have anything on the contemporary classics. Belldandy has been a male fantasy since 1989 and will continue to be so long after whatever her face from that one series. Everyone knows that romantic comedy in anime hit its peak in 1992 and has been in a downward spiral ever since.

Hopefully this return to a great contemporary classic is a sign that people are finally sick and tired of shallow characters, boring sight gags, and ridiculous "accidental" groping.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:40 am Reply with quote
While I'm not so sure I'd agree with the shallow characters, (though there are certainly ones out there) the "accidental" gropings and sight gags have been overdone. I'm glad a classic is coming back, and I'm hoping it will have all the enchantment that the first one gave us. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
rage-demon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:19 am Reply with quote
Here i was just thinking about how i have to wait so long between volumes of the OMG manga and what do i find?? There's a new anime coming out Anime smile. While i say that i'm not a fanboy, i'll admit that i'm really looking forward to seeing this come out soon. I really hope it goes deeper into the characters than the last OMG OVA and movie.

Still ticks me off that the intro to the OVA showed Mara and other characters, but they never showed up in the anime. Hmph. I'm sure that was a tease for people who have seen the anime but never read the manga (still remembers how he keeps seeing Hild figures at Suncoast but has yet to see her in the manga)... grrrr, teasers like this just seems so evil.
king_micah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:44 am Reply with quote
Dang teases. Thinking now, could it be more Mini-Goddess? I'd would dearly prefer the original, but it could be. As for Belldandy and 1992, we did see a peak then, as fanservice wasn't the whole and sum of Seinen romance. Heck seinen romance is mostly just hentai nowadays. Despite ANN's definition, OMG, LH, Tenchi are all classics of the senien romance. KOR and Maison Ikkoku are still better, and most of these shows date from pre 92. Heading out into Shoujo and general interest, you got Ramna and Sailor Moon hitting their peaks in '92 too. Now if only the Phoenix arc would get animated...
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:53 am Reply with quote
That arc will probably never be animated. Let's face facts here. Ranma is a forgotten property in Japan for the most part. There is no major clamoring for it, and it's not likely to make much money either. While the manga has still been going on for AMG, as well as the movie produced just a few short years ago as well as the mini-goddess series, it's had consistent avid interest. Ranma has had nothing going for it, and at this point, it looks to stay that way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kaidan0731

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:47 am Reply with quote
All I can say is I hope they keep the old Aa! Megami-sama seiyuu lineup. I definitely love Inoue-san's role as Belldandy. Her voice definitely fits as a goddess.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:16 am Reply with quote
Good news, can't wait to get more information. Hopefuly it will be an OVA animation of a story arc; but honestly I wouldn't be supprised if it is another movie. Of course, I would like to see a full 13 or 26 episode anime. Very Happy
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:01 am Reply with quote
WAI! WAI! WAI! *jumps around the room*

Belldandy in motion....weeeeeeeeee... Very Happy

Really, I don't care what it is as long as it is something...but, the longer the better.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:14 am Reply with quote
saay, how many books are there? They jusy keep coming hehe x_x

anyways I had posted some on this earlier, lesse info at moonphase, natsume and then animenation.net/news

sound slike it'll be a new series to me, I certainly hopeso, but anything would rock. More to keep that type of story going, and yes I agree it has better merrits than the groping, but groping is still fun Razz

who doesn't like a cheap laugh? I laughed harder with galaxy angel mind ya, ah well i better be quiet before i prove myself wrong.

^^ i'm a fan of Skuld's Seiyuu hehe

Last edited by Zeiram on Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:49 pm Reply with quote
... goody. More Urd. Urd rules. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2