• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tytania TV Space Opera Anime's Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
ugh, now i'm torn. i've been really looking forward to this, because of the all-star staff that's working on it... but that trailer looked really bad. i think i'll give it a couple of episodes to see where it's going, but... i don't know.

Last edited by v1cious on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote
The series I'm most looking for since the day I herad it was going to be animated. Tanaka + Ichiguro + Mikimoto is instant and absolute win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TJM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Haha this show is looking worse as they reveal more info/clips. LOGH walked a very wafer-thin line between a fine work of animation and being an utter bore.

This one seems to be of the latter, while it's predecessor was a nice blend of the two Laughing

Last edited by TJM on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't look particularly interesting, but neither did Legend of the Galactic Heroes at first, and I'd contend it's one of the greatest anime productions to date. With the epic staff attached to it, it'll certainly be worth giving a try, at least. I just wish the animation didn't seem so stiff- those characters barely moved in that trailer. I like some of the character designs, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps the stiffness is more due to the setting of the characters. The ones on the ship had more movement and emotions while the ones in the court were emotionless and made few movements.

Anyways, this one is on my radar too.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Whether or not this turns out good or not, I am still glad to see anime return back to the more classical methods of anime storytelling.

So yeah I am interested.

The only thing that turned me off in the trailer was the characters reminded me way to much of Glass Fleet. Probably the biggest let down of the year for me. I wanted to like it so much, and it had so much to work with, but it just ended up being a huge dung sandwich. Some of the middle episodes were pretty good though.Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the animation style seems a little too conservative. But it still looks worth checking out.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to see it. LOGH is my most favourite anime series ever!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
superdeformed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Monarchy vs. Democracy II

I'll wait and see if I like this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
zillion29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. So they go through all the trouble to post a trailer that . . .induces sleep. What is with all these shows nowadays that have every conceivable technical shortcut and STILL suck? Those space battles look like they were from a 15 year old PC game. And every character has a ramrod up their butt. I'm getting old.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
WEKS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quote
LOGH FTW!

So purely based on that, I'm looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
d_mythos76

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote
We bet to see who has composed the music for Tytania TV? This part of staff doesn't appear in the official web Sad

I think that the composer's music for TV Tytania could get out of this list:

- Toshihiko Sahashi.
- Yamashita Kousuke.
- Kan Sawada.
- Kanno Yoko.
- Hirano Yoshihisa.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1