• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - October 4th - 10th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berserkfury819

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Farewell Toonami. You shall be greatly missed. Sad
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
feel free to revel in the violence and depravity that Batman: Gotham Knight's presence will bring to the American TV Landscape! Including: graphic bullet wounds! Decapitated villains! Harsh violence and more!

Between adding Cartoon Network HD to the list of channels Comcast doesn't carry (*weeps at watching Clone Wars in SD*,) and the horrifying depths of censorship I suspect this will go though ... gonna have to pass.
Quote:
so it's off to the MAGICAL ADULT SWIM SCHEDULING CREW to help her escape from this volatile social predicament.

Isn't Team Timeslot's normal solution to this being wisked away into the witness protection program of "Go buy the DVD"? Granted, I am still trying to locate a real downside to this.

Oh well, at least with the BK promotion out of their system for the next six months, the few remaining shows worth watching can return (until the other couple CN shows worth watching premier their second "season" in a week or two.)
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Toonami Jetstream is still being updated. At least, for now until they pull the plug on that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
marklungo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why Cartoon Network doesn't use the Toonami branding for their new Friday night action block. After all, Toonami was never exclusively anime, was it?
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Quote:
feel free to revel in the violence and depravity that Batman: Gotham Knight's presence will bring to the American TV Landscape! Including: graphic bullet wounds! Decapitated villains! Harsh violence and more!

Between adding Cartoon Network HD to the list of channels Comcast doesn't carry (*weeps at watching Clone Wars in SD*,) and the horrifying depths of censorship I suspect this will go though ... gonna have to pass.

Well, the movie is rated TV-14-V, so there may be little censorship.
Nebs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Tonight's Naruto is still the only scheduled episode for all of October. Just what the heck does CN plan to do with this series? EDIT: Schedule change. Another ep is scheduled in two weeks.

bglassbrook wrote:

I'm pretty sure Cartoon Network isn't available in HD, so it's not just a Comcast thing. & yeah, the thing is rated TV-14-V. Should survive unedited.

Last edited by Nebs on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Toonami Jetstream is still being updated. At least, for now until they pull the plug on that.

Maybe they'll keep it, since it is Cartoon Network's online video service, and it has had some success already. Not to mention it isn't taking up valuable airtime or anything. Think of it like AS Video, where AS airs anime that haven't been on tv in years. So maybe they'll keep it. Maybe they'll change the name(like how the AS Fix became AS Video), but I don't see why they'd outright remove it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
once again YTV pre-empts their anime bloc for some other crap leaving Canada with yet another anime-less week.
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote
TJ_Kat wrote:
once again YTV pre-empts their anime bloc for some other crap leaving Canada with yet another anime-less week.

What, you're not watching and loving to bits those Robotech reruns on Space? Wink

Yeah, pretty bad right now. Death Note reruns haphazardly scattered all over Scream's schedule. Nothing on G4 at the moment (did they actually get through a second run of Black Lagoon?) and no more movies in the alphabetical series Teletoon started earlier this year with the likes of Akira and Appleseed.

It's why Zip.ca continues to be well worth the monthly subscription fees as an alternative to TV channel packages.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
ANOTHER DUMB INTERNET LIST WRITTEN BY A SELF-IMPORTANT... hey, stop looking at me like that, I just wanted you to know someone *did* click through to your site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:

I'm pretty sure Cartoon Network isn't available in HD, so it's not just a Comcast thing. & yeah, the thing is rated TV-14-V. Should survive unedited.

Actually, there is a Cartoon Network HD.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
This week's click actually brought up the exact question I had when MD Geist aired on Monday. What's the point? It's old and awful in pretty much every respect, so unless people tuned in just to laugh at it's awfulness or out of nostalgia, it really isn't going to grab ratings. Would putting something recent, or dare I say it: NEW, really be any worse? Perhaps it was just dirt cheap to air it, but a lot of people know when they're being shoveled crap and don't want to stick around for it.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
Well at least they didn't play sword of truth again...Nice to have some variety in your crappy anime right? CN is slowly turning from the only place that cared about us anime fans to the place that likes to watch us cry... well at least they acknowledge us right? Forget it I'm going to go to disney and watch pucca like all the girls do...see you drove me away CN Mad
Pixeleen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
so it's off to the MAGICAL ADULT SWIM SCHEDULING CREW to help her escape from this volatile social predicament. Hint, hint.

Well, not to get anyone's hopes up or anything, but in setting up CG and Moribito to record, I checked upcoming times. Comcast shows Code Geass on at 12:00 with repeats at 3:00 for 10/12 and 10/19. For a moment I was gonna write it off as old info that hadn't yet updated--until I remembered CG was on at 1:00 before the move to the death slot.

No reflection of this on the ol' [as] schedule. Though I doubt there would be until, say, Friday afternoon if there was going to be a change, anyway. Rolling Eyes

Like I said, don't get your hopes up--it could be just my cable being stupid (there were no upcoming times beyond today's episode for Moribito at all, and Bleach would be moved forward a half hour). But you never know, random nonsensical last-minute schdedule changes every three or four weeks is adult swim's MO.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote
marklungo wrote:
I don't understand why Cartoon Network doesn't use the Toonami branding for their new Friday night action block. After all, Toonami was never exclusively anime, was it?

IIRC, back when Toonami aired on weekday nights except on Fridays, the reasoning was that Friday night is when little kids could stay up later at night after a week of sleeping early for school. So, ratings for Friday nights was/is geared for younger viewers than the Toonami brand would portray to ad sponsors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2