• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oshii Develops, Writes Musashi Miyamoto Samurai Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote
this is gonna be epic
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
WHAT?? I.G is making an anime film about Musashi Miyamoto and they're not using Takehiko Inoue's character designs? You FAIL, Production I.G. Evil or Very Mad

I'm only kidding, although I would certainly love to see Vagabond animated once the manga is complete (whenever that may be). Oshii + I.G developing a Musashi film sounds fantastic, by the way. Hopefully Sony will license this as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Wow, everyone involved has made stuff I really liked. Hopefully with all that talent pooled together this won't turn into a train wreck. This could be really great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Wow, everyone involved has made stuff I really liked. Hopefully with all that talent pooled together this won't turn into a train wreck. This could be really great.
Production IG hasn't failed me yet...though Ghost Hound wasn't so great...but that was a different type of anime. I expect this Musashi film to have some of the most amazing sword fights, and with Production IG doing it, I have no doubts at all it will be awesome.
reanimator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote
It looks like the writer was in rush to do some proofreading.

Quote:
Kazuchika Kisa, an animation director and supervisor on Blood+, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone, and the Ghost in the Shell films, will perform the same duties on this new work.

It's Kazuchika Kise, not Kisa.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 am Reply with quote
Miyamoto Musashi from the Samurai Warriors games? This should be awesome.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote
Musashi vs Kojiro is the main reason to check this out.
melonbread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Oshii doing a samurai film? Incredible. Sci-fi has been his forte in anime for like, ever. So this will be a welcome divergence, I can't wait to see what comes of it.
groente12

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quote
OMG this is good news i cant wait for this anime movie even if i didn't saw sky crawlers Mad
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
WHAT?? I.G is making an anime film about Musashi Miyamoto and they're not using Takehiko Inoue's character designs? You FAIL, Production I.G. Evil or Very Mad

I'm only kidding, although I would certainly love to see Vagabond animated once the manga is complete (whenever that may be). Oshii + I.G developing a Musashi film sounds fantastic, by the way. Hopefully Sony will license this as well.

Actually Oshii and Inoue had one on one conversation couple years ago according to IG magazine 2006 (I have the magazine somewhere...) They talked about various things. Miyamoto Musashi story has been around for centuries even before Vagabond. I recommend reading the novel "Musashi" by Eiji Yoshikawa which was publised in 1920's. Translated version is available on Amazon. If you know about the novel, Vagabond covers about 1/2 of the novel. I'm still waiting for translated volume 28 from VIZ. I wonder if VIZ will ever release the vol 28. It feels like a year already since last volume.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh dang, man, this is huge! Anime hyper You can bet this'll be a must see for me whenever it comes out. I.G., Oshii, and Musashi = Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

And like JG said, next step in the game is an eventual Vagabond anime series, hopefully. Wink
bugmenot2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
It's good news but I would have reaaallly preferred if Oshii directed it himself. Heck, Okiura (who seems like Oshii's protégé) would have been good too. [/i]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1