• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime [2004-03-15]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the Saiyuki series, I am an avid fan of Gensomaden Saiyuki who latched onto Saiyuki Reload with high expectations. Too bad Reload often makes me ill to my stomach, what with the horrendous animation and whacky plot(s). The former is particularly offensive, since the stylish quality of Minekura was what made Gensomaden Saiyuki (for me) worth watching when the initial episodes were doing that monster-of-the-week thing.
I forget which Reload episode it is (9? 10?), but I SWEAR they threw it at some elementary school kids along with some crayons and let them have their way with it... (Saiyuki's trademark "anorexic" bishounen suddenly became flabby, overweight uglies whose facial expressions were comprised of nothing more than little eyes and a line for a mouth - no lie!!) my disgust was such that I couldn't stand to watch more than five minutes of that particular episode.

Back to topic at hand, I SINCERELY HOPE that any future Saiyuki series at the very least cleans up its act or I, for one, will not be tuning in. I'd hate to think that all the money they're spending to advertise Reload in gaming magz. etc. is drawing in an audience that is immediately put off by crappy animation and (for the most part) laughable plot devices. And that opening song... ugh.... Sad
msoftceo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:51 am Reply with quote
Regarding Monster, it's the adaptation of Naoki Urasawa's manga of the same name.

manga#1511

Last edited by msoftceo on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:14 am Reply with quote
Well, I for one hope that the Mahiro Maeda/GONZO collaboration based on "The Count of Monte Cristo" is well done, because I'm a huge fan of Dumas's work.

It helps that my father actually owns a first English printing of the novel. That really helped fuel my passion. Plus "The Man in the Iron Mask" and "The Three Musketeers" are stellar books. Admit it. They are.
mizushimo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I personally think they need to stop with Saiyuki already and move onto something else >>;. There's plenty of other bishounen manga that could do well as a anime.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Heheh, there's a new Aa! Megami-sama series coming out in a year or so ^^ It's just been announced that it's under development.

sources - animenation.net, natsume, moonphase
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Zeiram, it is so not cool to be toying with my emotions like that.

Seriously, do you realize how ultimately cool an Ah! My Goddess TV series would be? Do you realize how long people have been waiting and praying?

If this is true, though. Man, it's going to be one long party with the crew when it debuts.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:46 pm Reply with quote
If? Look it up yourself, I had been there during an interview with the creator of the series some time back and well, something was coming up, dunno what. Now we have this ^^ also natsume spoke of shonen sunday? i think that was the magazine, anyways, there was a forth coming announcement in the may issue which came out recently.

So, I'm thrilled about this as much as you are hehe. I'd hate for this to be false just as much. I can't wait, but I will hehe.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
Well, I for one hope that the Mahiro Maeda/GONZO collaboration based on "The Count of Monte Cristo" is well done, because I'm a huge fan of Dumas's work.

It helps that my father actually owns a first English printing of the novel. That really helped fuel my passion. Plus "The Man in the Iron Mask" and "The Three Musketeers" are stellar books. Admit it. They are.

Yes they are great. In fact The Three Musketeers is my favorite book
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
LTGMars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:53 am Reply with quote
I'm definitely looking forward to the new AMG series. *_* Fans have been waiting too long for this.

And as far as Saiyuki is concerned, I've never seen the series, but who wants to bet that if they make a fourth season, the title'll be "Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Revisitation"? :D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1