• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Animation DVD Ranking, September 24-October 14

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see actual sale numbers this time around. The Japanese sure love The Little Mermaid.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Koihime Musou made it to the 4th spot during the 9/30 - 10/6 period. Hopefully this will increase the chance of getting a second season beyond that OVA. And of course, the series needs more Sousou!
Mevious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Good ol' Lucky Star. I know it's popular, but I always enjoy seeing it do well.

Macross F's success is also happy to see. The better the sales, the bigger the chances of seeing expansions in the Macross universe.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:59 am Reply with quote
I agree. Lucky Star is one of those titles that you watch it and you're just thinking how in the world could it be possible, but it doesn't fail to impress. I love it Very Happy
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:19 am Reply with quote
Mevious wrote:
Macross F's success is also happy to see. The better the sales, the bigger the chances of seeing expansions in the Macross universe.

And with Macross F you have to keep in mind that the Blueray versions for it are outselling the DVDs. The first Macross F DVD volume sold 27k after 6 weeks, the Blueray version did 21k in its first week. It's probably the best selling anime tv title of the year, music sales are doing awesome and the PSP video game was #1 in the video game charts this week.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:17 am Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
Nice to see actual sale numbers this time around. The Japanese sure love The Little Mermaid.

OH NOEZ! A "cheap-quel" is hovering in the Top 6 for weeks! How decadent of the Japanese! Laughing
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:

OH NOEZ! A "cheap-quel" is hovering in the Top 6 for weeks! How decadent of the Japanese! Laughing

Heh, I heard the movie is actually pretty good. Plus, its doing extremely well here in the U.S.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:

Heh, I heard the movie is actually pretty good. Plus, its doing extremely well here in the U.S.

"Cheap-quels" always do well in the US, but that's what I was making fun of. Fans always deride the US for buying lots and lots more of the "cheap-quels" instead of their poor beloved anime, and yet.... Laughing
potassium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
The Japanese sure love The Little Mermaid.

Yeah, they know what's good.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote
If the Little Mermaid is selling more copies than Strike Witches, can I expect it'll contain more fanservice as well?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
If the Little Mermaid is selling more copies than Strike Witches, can I expect it'll contain more fanservice as well?

Of course! The Little Mermaid has always been ahead of its time since 1989! Heck, the Little Mermaid is MILF! How many toons can you say about that?! Laughing
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:29 am Reply with quote
I'm happy to see 'Familiar Of Zero' chart. I hope it does well enough for a 4th series to adapt the next four light novels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1