• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Screened in Canada Tonight, in D.C. on Friday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NamaeX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:36 am Reply with quote
I saw that on Silver City's website while looking for other movies to watch. I know what I'll be avoiding tonight.
dewlwieldthedarpachief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote
It's certainly an interesting choice (by interesting I mean damningly awful).
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quote
I dunno why you guys are so against the movie, better than some points in the series if u ask me, sometimes the series is such a chore to watch, like most shonen series, but movies have to be fast moving which is good. The only part I didn't like bout the movie was barely any orihime, uryuu, and chad, other than that it was great.
Super_Vegeta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quote
Apparently people here don't like Bleach. Meh. Anyway I just started reading the Manga, and from what I've heard this takes place early in the series.

Anyway as much as I'd like to go see this at the theatre, I'm out of comission right now with a pretty bad cold. Sad
sena_h_dei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote
As usual, the closest theatre that's showing this movie is over three hours away, in the city. Which means I miss out once again!
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote
Super_Vegeta wrote:
Apparently people here don't like Bleach. Meh. Anyway I just started reading the Manga, and from what I've heard this takes place early in the series.

Anyway as much as I'd like to go see this at the theatre, I'm out of comission right now with a pretty bad cold. Sad

not that early, he already knows bankai and he's already friends with the soul society, early for a shonen series maybe :p
Super_Vegeta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
. . . Oh, crap! I'm not that far yet. (no worries tho, you were pretty vague) I'm on volume 9 (of the manga).

Guess I'll just wait and check this out on DVD once I get further. (I also wanna get the season box-sets.)
ocyl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I had looked forward to seeing the movie and purchased the ticket two weeks ago. I have been hugely disappointed, however, by the fact that the film is not delivered in its original Japanese language, but in English instead. This offended me so much that, as soon as the first sentence was spoken, I stood up and left the theatre in protest. I have now sent an official complaint on the matter to Viz Media and Viz Pictures, as well.
Captain-Bravo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
I saw it tonight and still found it enjoyable watching it for a third time.

PS: Viz please play special features after the movie. Smile
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote
ocyl wrote:
I had looked forward to seeing the movie and purchased the ticket two weeks ago. I have been hugely disappointed, however, by the fact that the film is not delivered in its original Japanese language, but in English instead. This offended me so much that, as soon as the first sentence was spoken, I stood up and left the theatre in protest. I have now sent an official complaint on the matter to Viz Media and Viz Pictures, as well.

Holy crap d00d, wtf did you expect, ur not in Japan, I think everyone was expecting it to be in English and most people are too lazy to read subs and the dubs are great. Don't be so stingy, give dubs a chance instead of just saying its not in its original language.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
ocyl wrote:
I hear ya man.I cringed through the whole thing,when it was here in Vegas.

The last anime movies I had caught were Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and GitS 2,so I stuck through it.It was pretty good.

Cringeworthy to be sure.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote
Sorry, no sympathy here. Honestly, you're watching an ANIME movie. If the language was going to be a concern, you should have checked before you bought the ticket. You should have known it would likely be in English. I don't see why Viz has to apologize, they've shown their movies dubbed so far, it's not like this is some new practice. If you want the sub, buy the DVD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1