• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: April Fools!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnewhall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:01 am Reply with quote
Oh no!

Anime News Network might be trimmed down to eight or nine entries per month? But it's all about anime news!

What a depressing way to start the first day of April....

...Huh. First day of April....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime
The Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:02 am Reply with quote
Aw,man. Just when I was about to drop Wizard as a mag they take over my favorite anime news site. This sucks. I know they're just gonna mess everything up. Probrably ake it all goffball. The best we can hope for is an Japanese toy version of Twisted Toyfare Thearter.

Aw man, this is a sucky day in ANN history.

-Xenos
feh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:10 am Reply with quote
Very Happy Oh, that's a good one. Almost as good as the last April 1st 'news' articles. *goes back to lurking*
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:19 am Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Aw,man. Just when I was about to drop Wizard as a mag they take over my favorite anime news site. This sucks. I know they're just gonna mess everything up. Probrably ake it all goffball. The best we can hope for is an Japanese toy version of Twisted Toyfare Thearter.

Aw man, this is a sucky day in ANN history.

-Xenos

You "really" think that? Wink
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:23 am Reply with quote
Has anyone thought about April fool's?!?! I'ts like today! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What I'm saying is that it's complete BS(sorry I had to)since who would call themselves a moron Question Laughing Laughing Laughing
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:25 am Reply with quote
/. had some better ones.

Atleast it wasnt something like
"Naruto Liscened by Nevelena(or who ever it was that did Card Captors"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:37 am Reply with quote
Tch! You call this an April Fools joke? Orokashii...

Ah well. Nice try. Smile
kysfm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:43 am Reply with quote
Pretty good April Fools joke. I just woke up and forgot that it was April 1st, they had me going for a while. Very Happy
king_micah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:46 am Reply with quote
When is the Cookie San no Newsroom OVA coming?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:15 pm Reply with quote
HORRAY!!!! I LOVE COOKIE-SAN NO NEWSROOM ITS THE BEEEEEESSSSTTT!!!!!!!!

Also, today Microsoft licensed Naruto. SO COOL.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Well, theoretically I guess it could be eligible," explained academy representative Jeff Lowry, "Our standard procedure for Japanese animation these days is to see if it has any chance of winning. If it has more than a snowball's chance in hell, we find some obscure reason to dismiss the submission."

Hey, let's not inadvertently contribute to any "The Academy hates anime" conspiracy theories with your April Fool's Day jokes here. While I thought Millenium Actress certainly deserved to be nominated, and I liked it more than Finding Nemo, the simple reason that it did not get nominated was that Dreamworks gave it a release on less than 1/10th of the number of screens on which Disney showed Spirited Away pre-Oscar and Dreamworks did virtually nothing in terms of Oscar campaigns, and The Triplets of Belleville was the foreign animated feature getting all the critical buzz last fall, so not enough Academy members were aware of Millenium Actress for it to stand a chance at being nominated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bishop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, I wish only the best of luck for this series to be good. At least Toriyama will be helming and guiding its presence rather than doing some neat artwork for it.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Hey, let's not inadvertently contribute to any "The Academy hates anime" conspiracy theories with your April Fool's Day jokes here. While I thought Millenium Actress certainly deserved to be nominated, and I liked it more than Finding Nemo, the simple reason that it did not get nominated was that Dreamworks gave it a release on less than 1/10th of the number of screens on which Disney showed Spirited Away pre-Oscar and Dreamworks did virtually nothing in terms of Oscar campaigns, and The Triplets of Belleville was the foreign animated feature getting all the critical buzz last fall, so not enough Academy members were aware of Millenium Actress for it to stand a chance at being nominated.

And don't forget the fact that they tried to get that and Tokyo Godfather nominated. I think it split the vote.
AnimeSensei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Bishop wrote:
Well, I wish only the best of luck for this series to be good. At least Toriyama will be helming and guiding its presence rather than doing some neat artwork for it.

Yes, I heard from a very reliable source that Goku returns with wings now sprouting out from his back. This is to get back at all of the people that complain that the characters "float" in mid-air all the time. Now Goku has an excuse for it.

It's also confirmed that Trunks kid will be introduced, Shorts.
Kyosuke-sama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes, I heard from a very reliable source that Goku returns with wings now sprouting out from his back. This is to get back at all of the people that complain that the characters "float" in mid-air all the time. Now Goku has an excuse for it.

It's also confirmed that Trunks kid will be introduced, Shorts.

So you're sure it's not a joke?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3