• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oh! Great predicted the next U.S. President in Air Gear!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quote
Old link I got off AICN Anime. Cool
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quote
John Ohama was his manga name right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quote
Umm, why are you trying to bring politics into the forums GATSU? If you want to talk politics, subscribe to ANN and join the discussion there. Otherwise, keep politics out of the public forums Rolling Eyes
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Umm, why are you trying to bring politics into the forums GATSU? If you want to talk politics, subscribe to ANN and join the discussion there. Otherwise, keep politics out of the public forums Rolling Eyes

Do you want me remove Zipang and Sanctuary from the Encyclopedia -- which is publicly accessible -- as well? How about
Kuni ga Moeru? Rolling Eyes

This "John Omaha" appeared in Air Gear as a presidential candidate, so strictly speaking Oh!Great didn't predict anything. I'm fine with the thread as long as the discussion concentrates on Air Gear rather than the (already completed) election.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
dormcat: I just wonder if he's gonna be a regular character in the manga now. Very Happy
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Do you want me remove Zipang and Sanctuary from the Encyclopedia -- which is publicly accessible -- as well? How about
Kuni ga Moeru? Rolling Eyes

This "John Omaha" appeared in Air Gear as a presidential candidate, so strictly speaking Oh!Great didn't predict anything. I'm fine with the thread as long as the discussion concentrates on Air Gear rather than the (already completed) election.

Oh c'mon dormcat, you know that he's trying to post that so as to create a thread that will be politically charged. You're not in the US right now, you wouldn't know. I'd feel a lot better if this thread were just removed altogether. And you should KNOW of GATSU's posting habits. C'mon, you've been on here longer than me. If he wants to bring up something like this, ESPECIALLY at this time of year and time in history, then he should take it to the community forums.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quote
And if you want to complain about it fighter there's this magical button called report. Try using it instead of acting like the high and mighty moral authority all the time with your backseat moderating spam posts that add nothing to the conversation themselves.

My question is does the character have any meaning? Did the Ohama character actually fit into the plot or was it just a blatant attempt to support Obama? I mean was this a one shot guest character or did he have an actual role?
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:17 am Reply with quote
I am curious where this 'Ohama' character is going in Air Gear or if he shows up again. I forget, is the magazine it's in monthly? Has there been a new installment?

Also, I find it funny that America elects a liberal Democrat and Japan elects a Liberal Democrat which actually means the conservative party. Really, Obama and Aso seem to be politically polar opposites, yet Japan, like many other countries around the globe, seem to have been pulling for Obama.

Though they both seem to be similar on one thing. They're both comic book geeks. Obama commented growing up in Indonesia reading and trading DC Comics. Recently he made a jokeabout himself not being a messiah or a second coming, but that he is in fact Kryptonian and sent here by his father Jor-El to save Earth.

Then again, he made a comment that got Robin and Batman totally wrong. So clearly I had to vote for McCain, because Robin is awesome. I kid. I had other reasons, but I still look forward to this new presidency with Obama.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:11 am Reply with quote
Xenos:
Quote:
Recently he made a joke about himself not being a messiah or a second coming, but that he is in fact Kryptonian and sent here by his father Jor-El to save Earth.

Some guerilla commentator in L.A. pasted a sheet with Obama's head attached to Superman's body. Laughing

Quote:
Then again, he made a comment that got Robin and Batman totally wrong.

It's only wrong based on the Robin he was referring to in his comment. Wink
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:51 am Reply with quote
Pure coincidence, only tangential relation to manga, off-topic, locking.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1