• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Updates Weekend TV Schedule

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Pretty awesome schedule, but as I said on another message board, it'd be even better if they knocked Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen, and The Boondocks down to one episode a piece. All awesome shows, but do we really need TWO hours of AS comedies before the anime starts?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Better than what we had before, at least. Now I mainly want them to put Moribito on their website. I missed taping last episode because I forgot about the time change. At least I'll have a chance to catch it again now that they are airing the show from episode one again.
Teuvan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote
So they stick anime in the 1AM-6AM slot...what of it? AdultSwim might as well stop showing anime entirely if they're only going to use it as filler for their dead hours. Doesn't matter how much they show, or how good the lineup is, if they refuse to give any of it even a semi-decent timeslot. At least the Scifi channel is managing things somewhat respectably.
DieHardBleachFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Looks pretty good. Now I'll have a chance to catch FLCL and Moribito again. I was only able to see one episode of Moribito because of the ridiculous time slot, so this is good news for me.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Teuvan wrote:
So they stick anime in the 1AM-6AM slot...what of it? AdultSwim might as well stop showing anime entirely if they're only going to use it as filler for their dead hours. Doesn't matter how much they show, or how good the lineup is, if they refuse to give any of it even a semi-decent timeslot. At least the Scifi channel is managing things somewhat respectably.
I have to agree with this, cause honestly I don't want to sit around for a few hours just to watch the three animes I'm interested in at an unreasonably late hour, as far as I'm concerned AS can go jump in a lake. if they honestly think this will patch up things with anime fans I'd bet it would only agravate them even more
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I've been following Moribito regardless of its wretched timeslot, and while restarting it now that it's back in from the dark gives the show a new opputunity to find an audience, it rather leaves me with the short end of the stick.

Maybe I'll...do something else, instead.
RauTwilight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote
well nice schedule (not great but nice), it satisfactory at least Geass and Morbito not in the 5 am Death slot...
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't watch AS any more. I stopped watching it not too long after it started since I was just trying to watch some of the shows that were on there when it started, like when I was still aiming to get my GUndam fix and some of the other shows that I was trying to see for the first time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Master Kashi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Just letting you know they're not completely trying to dick over anime fans.
se37

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
You see, this is why I watch fansubs, dvds and japanese tv networks. Only a few anime for super late at night (and the latest I can stay up without waking up late for work is 1am) plus most of it is stuff we have already seen hundreds of times before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Master Kashi wrote:
no offense but I'll believe that when the sky turns green and the natural skin pigment for all human beings is blue
Fireline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
DVR is good for you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
nedmech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quote
About #$^$@$^! time Turner/CN/AS start showing decent Anime at decent times again. I was getting pretty fed up with their lineup of POS "comedies" that have been on lately.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Master Kashi wrote:
Maybe. It's certainly better than it was though still far from being good. Perhaps they got a lot of angry otaku complaining and changed their minds about a total screw over?

Meh, I'm happy to eat my foot a bit and say that perhaps they really aren't totally trying to toss out anime but I'm still sceptical. Frankly, after the whole "5 am's good enough right?" crap, I just plain stopped watched CN entirely.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote
well it good but it will be better if it started at 11 instead of 1am but it will be change back to crap in no time
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4