• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
interesting page on ecchi versus hentai

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:54 pm Reply with quote
http://home.attbi.com/~kagamix2/H_does_not_mean_hentai/

anime_uncut always wanted a discussion on hentai. oh well.

the above site is an excellent site that cites numerous sources about _WHAT_ "ecchi/etchi/H" and "hentai" mean, and why they're different. (in case our definition wasn't good enough)

moreover, the maintainer provides the original japanese (and links to the original japanese, in case you don't believe what he's got on his page) in case you wish to translate it yourself.

an excellent site, and a worthwhile read.

[edit]write a lexicon entry for 'ecchi' with this :D[/edit]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:53 pm Reply with quote
this reminds me of something bad that happened today...i was looking for anime sheet music, and i clicked a link, that turned out to be a hentai site. and you just know that when you stumble onto those sites, you'll be bombarded with popups, XXX this, and voyeurs that...good thing for ctrl alt delete

i only *sniff* wanted some sheet music. *sniff* it's not my fault THE BAG CONTAINING ALL THAT I HAD SUDDENLY DECIDED TO RUN AWAY! Unless......the gnome! He stole it, and fed it to the chinchillas.

This is so going too far. Man, I was working on Voices from Macross Plus too. Grr.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Hotaru wrote:

this reminds me of something bad that happened today...i was looking for anime sheet music, and i clicked a link, that turned out to be a hentai site. and you just know that when you stumble onto those sites, you'll be bombarded with popups, XXX this, and voyeurs that...good thing for ctrl alt delete

You can solve this by using Mozilla, which lets you automagically turn off pop-ups unless you click on them. :D

Last spam pop-up I saw was neigh on half a year ago. :)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1