• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Get Wild and Tough

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRWii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Still, that's really no excuse for ignoring the more striking Final Fantasies in favor of a playable fighter that recalls nothing so much as Snarf from Thundercats.

This is just my personal guess, but I think Square is trying to stick with the main series. Maybe if they make a sequel. Though if they do, I'd want Edward from IV, just so that when he wins a fight the losing character would scream "You spoony bard!"
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quote
I am so pumped about Re:CoM. I never had the GBA game, but I played a ROM of it for awhile a few years ago, and it's actually what got me into Kingdom Hearts to begin with. I own KH 1 and 2, and absolutely loved them both to death. So much story there, and so much mystery(that, and hearing Christopher Lee and Crispin Freeman in KH2 kicks so much butt Very Happy). The Kingdom Hearts series remains one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

I'm looking forward to filling in the gaps and seeing all the Organization XIII members, since I never finished the ROM.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote
c'mon square we need Shadow in Dissidia.
Jacut

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote
Strange that City Hunter never got licenced in the US until recently, it's a cult series is Europe that (almost) everyone knows, and one of the only competitors for Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya. Well, good thing for us !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote
Shanttoto is going to become a leader to a empire?

wtf? How much has been going on plot wise in WotG? I mean, after leveling to 52 pretty much destroyed my life (failed 3 high school courses) I kinda just gave up on it...

But I still love the game. It's just got a broken economy and leveling system. Everything else... Atmosphere, design, gameplay, etc... All that stuff is good.
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
As someone who actively plays FFXI I'm excited over it getting included in Dissidia, but I would have chosen someone who isn't linked to one of the nations for this game. Aldo would probably have been my first choice sine they've done very little with him and he's featured in one of the upcoming expansions as well. Or Maat, arguably the strongest character in the game, who wouldn't want to play as a spry old man. Maybe Prishe to help up the male to female ratio or Salaheem because this game is lacking in cat girls. Anime catgrin

But she's being voiced by Megumi Hayashibara so that's an instant win right there. Very Happy

Emerje

(bishounen fanboy squeal, a la Nobuyuki Hiyama)
(Yeah, I really look like a tall, skinny, dark-skinned bishounen with long spiky, black and red hair, seriously my hair comes down to my waist, and it looks like Konata's hair from Lucky Star)

Megumi......Megumi Hayashibara is in it!!
YES!! She's my favourite female seiyu of all time, plus she's smokin' HOT!!

plays the Saber Marionette J OP theme, while watching Slayers and Ranma 1/2

http://www.esnips.com/doc/7b97971b-4679-42c9-8379-3dd1711533c8/Ill-Be-There---Megumi-Hayashibara-(OST---Saber-Marionette-J)
also listening to the ED theme of Saber Marionette J

You should've never mentioned Megumi, I am a HUGE fan of hers, and I'm crazy about her!!!
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:57 pm Reply with quote
domino wrote:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought Final Fantasy XII's Ashe was a crazy bitch. :p (one of the many factors that made that game impossible for me to enjoy...)

Good post, as always. I should pick up that KH game if I get bored...

lol, the only reason i like Ashe is because she's voiced by Kari Wahlgren, is that biased or what, haha.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quote
sanosuke32 wrote:
domino wrote:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought Final Fantasy XII's Ashe was a crazy bitch. :p (one of the many factors that made that game impossible for me to enjoy...)

lol, the only reason i like Ashe is because she's voiced by Kari Wahlgren, is that biased or what, haha.

On that note, lately Kari Wahlgren seems to have vanished as fast as she dropped into the Los Angeles scene.
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
sanosuke32 wrote:
domino wrote:

On that note, lately Kari Wahlgren seems to have vanished as fast as she dropped into the Los Angeles scene.

Not rly. Elika, from the upcoming PoP. FTW.
Subatomic Brainfreeze

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
So... wait, did they change Chun Li's standard fireball move into what that screenshot is? That game sure looks pretty, but man, I'd hate to have to bend way forward and stick my ass all the way out just to throw a fireball.

Yes, I signed up because I needed to explain about Chun-Li's fireball.

The fireball was first in SF2 Hyper Fighting, but the ass-out pose originates in Super SF2, the next game after HF. The game was really the beginning of the end of Street Fighter in the mainstream, so this pose isn't too well-remembered. HD Remix is a remake of Super SF2 Turbo, an upgrade on Super SF2 and widely considered the best of the many SF2 revisions. It also further attempts to rebalance Super Turbo, already a finely tuned piece of work. The new graphics are mixed, but the work done on the gameplay is excellent.
Bluestreak2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited about KH:ReCOM finally being brought over to the US. It'll actually give me a reason to dust off my PS2 at the very least.
I'm one of those crazy fans that ever since KH:FM I've been importing the special editions.
So I've already played through the GBA version twice(sora story twice, Riku only once) and ReCOM once. And still I'll be at my local gamestop picking this game up on Day one, already payed for it and everything.
At the very least it'll help with the wait for the DS and PSP games.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Um, can't name half of Organization XIII's member, but I'm still kinda excited for the RE:CoM game. I just played the GBA game for the story; the actual gameplay sucked.

But I'm still mad because Square won't bring over the the Final Mix games. At this point, it would be better to bundle them together in anticipation for the games that are coming out for the PSP and DS.

Last edited by braves on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
konkonsn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Um, can't name half of Organization XIII's member, but I'm still kinda excited for the RE:CoM game. I just played the GBA game for story; the actual gameplay sucked.

But I'm still mad because Square won't bring over the the Final Mix games. At this point, it would be better to bundle them together in anticipation for the games that are coming out for the PSP and DS.

Yeah, I think I'll buy the game because I never finished the GBA version. Stupid card system sucks. -_- But I'll probably be able to scrap together more patience for the voice acting and nice graphics.

I consider myself of a fan of KH, but even I can't see the potential in bringing over Final Mix; I'd buy them after they went on sale...maybe. Of course, I only plan to get the new game for the DS instead of getting excited about the PSP release (a.) no PSP and b.) card system again?!).
KannaLilly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I nearly had a heart attack when Kingdom Hearts was mentioned...
I'm horrible at video games and happen to have been stuck on the second fight with Demix in KH2 for two years. (Don't you love how you die if you don't kill fourty water things in fourty seconds?)

BUT! I'm a huge KH fan and recently got back into it. So heck, maybe I'll pick CoM up for PS2, maybe I'll get it for cheap on GBA and use it in my DS. Who knows.
konkonsn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
KannaLilly wrote:
Alright, I nearly had a heart attack when Kingdom Hearts was mentioned...
I'm horrible at video games and happen to have been stuck on the second fight with Demix in KH2 for two years. (Don't you love how you die if you don't kill fourty water things in fourty seconds?)

BUT! I'm a huge KH fan and recently got back into it. So heck, maybe I'll pick CoM up for PS2, maybe I'll get it for cheap on GBA and use it in my DS. Who knows.

You have tried using...forget what it's called, but the auto attack where you press the triangle button, right? It makes you pick up one of Demyx's minions and swing it around so you kill a ton at one time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3