• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Witch Hunter Robin [Spoilers]

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luff-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Freddy C wrote:
unlucky luff

Yes, VERY unlucky. I hate the West coast and using Mountain time. If it was on sooner, I would watch all episodes.

Anyway, since they are repeating it on Saturdays, I can stay up and watch all the episode. 1 WHR episode a week will kill me, but I will live.

I still can't help but laugh at the sombrero hat on the crows Anime hyper
Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:05 am Reply with quote
I'm afraid I have to largely agree with Shorty 22. WHR started out as something I thought I would really like, but a few good scenes do not a series make and it just didn't do it for me.

The art and characters were fine, but the story fell flat. I think that part of the problem was that, in my mind, we really didn't get to know the team that well. I know that part of the reason for that was probably to add suspense as to who would stand by Robin, but I would have liked to feel more of a connection with them.
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyway, since they are repeating it on Saturdays, I can stay up and watch all the episode. 1 WHR episode a week will kill me, but I will live.

They still have plans to broadcast Witch Hunter Robin Monday- Thursday. It will also air on Saturdays, so you get 5 episodes of Witch Hunter Robin a week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Luff-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:54 am Reply with quote
tetsusaiga-kyo wrote:
Quote:

They still have plans to broadcast Witch Hunter Robin Monday- Thursday. It will also air on Saturdays, so you get 5 episodes of Witch Hunter Robin a week.

I eventually figured that, but then again, I need my sleep O___O 1 AM shows are too much for me. This whole Day Lights Savings things confuses me too. Shocked
-LoneWolf-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:09 am Reply with quote
I thought WHR was a ok anime it started out very slow and i all most stop watching it and the ending was just messed up i didn't really like it i could have spent my time more wisly then watching this anime.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:26 am Reply with quote
I actually really liked Witch Hunter Robin, but I had a really hard time getting into its TV run. I like the slow, meticulous pace, but those sort of shows I'd much rather watch on my own time, and not according to someone else's schedule. One of my all-time favourites, Boogiepop Phantom, is the same way; I just can't get interested in its TechTV run, but when I sit down on my own time to watch it, I get into it bigtime.

The dubbing was also an issue for me. The voices were good, but the delivery was kinda flat, and the occasional problems with awkward pauses just sucked a lot of the drama out of it.

Then there was the unfortunate fact that I kinda forgot about Witch Hunter Robin for a bit while Last Exile was running on TechTV. While I really enjoyed Witch Hunter, Last Exile just blew it completely out of the water, in my opinion. There was no contest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I actually really liked Witch Hunter Robin, but I had a really hard time getting into its TV run...(etc.)

I totally agree with you. I actually liked the pace a whole lot, but since I had to watch it on TV, it kind of went a little too slow for my tastes.

The dubbing seemed OK, but as you pointed out, it was a little flat here and there. Not to mention I can't stand Michelle Ruff as Doujima.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll like it more in Japanese. The whole thing should come out on DVD by the end of the year, right?
brebre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:18 am Reply with quote
Sorry i have not hurd of a second season But they are going to have a live action on scifi. it was agreed around christmas time and they should have started working on it. But i would rather have a second anime
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moonstruck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:57 pm Reply with quote
This is my first post on these Forums. I loved this series! I missed a couple of episodes because my roommate hates anime. Crying or Very sad I've had to tape it and sometimes I forgot to set the tape.

Anyway, I would love to see a sequel to the show, whether it be another series or a movie, not picky. One of the reasons is not that I want to find out about what happened to Robin, but I didn't like it that Robin and Amon went off together. Evil or Very Mad I'm a Robin/Michael person. Very Happy
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:25 am Reply with quote
Moonstruck wrote:
Anyway, I would love to see a sequel to the show, whether it be another series or a movie, not picky. One of the reasons is not that I want to find out about what happened to Robin

But isn't it better sometimes to not have all the story handed to us? The idea is that you can draw your own conclusions from what they've given you. This is something that happens frequently in anime. I think WHR ended just fine.
lewish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:55 am Reply with quote
I've seen this series in fansubs, and it's so damn good, it's among my favourites. The ending was disturbing for a moment, but if you think about it, it's best this way. You can imagine what happened to Robin and Amon.

And I really don't want to see that Live Action thingXP
Moonstruck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:00 pm Reply with quote
ZahmiraV wrote:
But isn't it better sometimes to not have all the story handed to us? The idea is that you can draw your own conclusions from what they've given you. This is something that happens frequently in anime. I think WHR ended just fine.

If there is no sequel, I'll live. While I would love to see something like it, I understand that the creator may like it that way and be reluntant to change. If that happens to be the case, then ok.

And you can't draw conclusions for Robin/Micheal. Anime cry
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2