• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Love-Ru -Trouble- Manga to Ship with New OVA on April 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:28 am Reply with quote
The To Love-Ru manga is one of the best ecchi mangas out there. It gets a little episodic at times, but the writing, the art, and the humor are well done.

On the otherhand, the To Love-Ru anime started out well by staying true to the manga, but spiraled downward into terrible original stories. The animation by Xebec also could have been a lot better. I don't think that they did Kentaro Yabuki's art any justice. I would have liked for Gonzo to pick up this project but oh well.

But still, Haruka Tomatsu did a great job as a seiyu for LaLa. LaLa's the main reason I even read and watch To Love-Ru lol

Btw, Haruka Tomatsu is incorrectly listed in the encyclopedia as being being Rito's seiyu. Can someone correct this?

Last edited by jeromeskee on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote
Yet once again another manga released video, and limited to pre-orders too. Ah well, its becoming a niche market now for the OVAs. Hopefully maybe they may release this in the US in some century soon...
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quote
jeromeskee wrote:
The To Love-Ru manga is one of the best ecchi mangas out there. It gets a little episodic at times, but the writing, the art, and the humor are well done.

On the otherhand, the To Love-Ru anime started out well by staying true to the manga, but spiraled downward into terrible original stories. The animation by Xebec also could have been a lot better. I don't think that they did Kentaro Yabuki's art any justice. I would have liked for Gonzo to pick up this project but oh well.

But still, Akeno Watanabe did a great job as a seiyu for LaLa. LaLa's the main reason I even read and watch To Love-Ru lol

Yeah same opinion here it started off well but then they started doing a bunch of fillers which weren't that good. Also hated how they would stretch out a single chapter of the manga to use in an entire episode because of that they had to put a bunch of filler even when they used the manga material. If only if they had gone with 12 min per chapter, think Keroro Gunso in the way they do each episode, two stories for each episode that way no filler needed to be used.

Hopefully they'll do a second season that's closer to the manga, too much manga material for them to still use plus the manga is still running.
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quote
jeromeskee wrote:

But still, Akeno Watanabe did a great job as a seiyu for LaLa. LaLa's the main reason I even read and watch To Love-Ru lol

I agree, and by the way Akeno Watanabe played Rito, Haruka Tomatsu played Lala

But anyway To LOVE-Ru is an awesome ecchi manga, even though it got it's ass kicked by Kanokon (which is funnier than To LOVE-Ru), anyway I look forward to this OVA!!

kokuryu wrote:
Yet once again another manga released video, and limited to pre-orders too. Ah well, its becoming a niche market now for the OVAs. Hopefully maybe they may release this in the US in some century soon...

Yeah, first School Rumble, then Negima!, then xxxHolic and Tsubasa, then Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, then KissXSis, now To LOVE-Ru, and God knows we need a more Ranma 1/2 OVA's !!

And niche titles RULE!!!!
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:55 am Reply with quote
The manga's great, but the anime was kind of lacking something.
wangyamaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Omnistry:The manga's great, but the anime was kind of lacking something.

I dont see what its lacking here,the anime is by far good like the manga.
zrdb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote
The anime was ok-nothing outstanding. I read a little of the manga-normally I prefer anime over manga-but in this case I've gotta give the nod to the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1