• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New La Corda D'Oro TV Anime in March Reportedly Leaked

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh my pizza! I haven't even finished the first series yet! I better keep my eyes out on this one!
kakoishii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote
meh, why is it that all the anime that don't need/deserve sequels get them? La corda was average, but by no means was I thinking sequel when I finished it Confused I'm still waiting for my Gakuen Alice and Mythical detective Loki sequels (I know they'll never happen but a girl can dream Wink ).
Aikoh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
meh, why is it that all the anime that don't need/deserve sequels get them? La corda was average, but by no means was I thinking sequel when I finished it :? I'm still waiting for my Gakuen Alice and Mythical detective Loki sequels (I know they'll never happen but a girl can dream :wink: ).

I don't really have a right to complain seeing as how they did animate the Paris chapters of Nodame Cantabile, but nonetheless, I am going to anyway because I also agree that La Corda d'Oro was rather average for a series about music. I think this is great news for the fans, but I also feel that it did not deserve a sequel, as I just didn't feel the joys and hardships as the musician characters despite being a musician myself like I did in series like in the Nodame anime, manga, and drama or even the Piano no Mori manga. But, then again, maybe I'm just turned off by the fact that it was based on a dating sim and the "instant-virtuoso-producing-magical-violin" concept.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Aikoh wrote:
kakoishii wrote:
meh, why is it that all the anime that don't need/deserve sequels get them? La corda was average, but by no means was I thinking sequel when I finished it Confused I'm still waiting for my Gakuen Alice and Mythical detective Loki sequels (I know they'll never happen but a girl can dream Wink ).

I don't really have a right to complain seeing as how they did animate the Paris chapters of Nodame Cantabile, but nonetheless, I am going to anyway because I also agree that La Corda d'Oro was rather average for a series about music. I think this is great news for the fans, but I also feel that it did not deserve a sequel, as I just didn't feel the joys and hardships as the musician characters despite being a musician myself like I did in series like in the Nodame anime, manga, and drama or even the Piano no Mori manga. But, then again, maybe I'm just turned off by the fact that it was based on a dating sim and the "instant-virtuoso-producing-magical-violin" concept.

I honestly had no idea it was based on a dating sims until after I read this article and now that I know it's plainly obvious why it was such an average series. I myself am a musician of sorts and I honestly couldn't get over the fact that Hino didn't have to work to be a good musician since she was playing a magical violin. She'd moan about how she wished she could be a great musician but didn't even think that maybe she could learn to play on a real violin til the very end of the series. Nodame is way more awesome than La Corda D'oro, between the two series if you're actually interested in an anime based on music and not just a reverse harem series with music on the side then don't even give La corda a second glance.
sunflower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:40 am Reply with quote
I think that while the setting for the story is a musical school and contest, that being a musician isn't the point of it at all. It's rather about friendship and how music bridges gaps between people. It seems to me pointless to compare this to Nodame Cantibile because they aren't about the same thing, they just have similar trappings. For what it was trying to do, I think it did it well.

I don't, however, think it needs a sequel.
Gin Ryo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:58 am Reply with quote
it seems that many are not in favor of LCDO's having a sequel.. but for me.. i'm happy about it.. well.. i like reverse harem animes.. that's all..

but maybe.. there will be a twist in the story.. maybe.. hino kahoko will learn how to play a violin without tricks.. to be able to find out.. we should watch the sequel.. that's all again.. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1