• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Udon Entertainment Posts Manga, Comics on Crunchyroll

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleuster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Cool, but it would cooler if they also included Robot.
From what I hear, though, it's delay is not entirely on their hands.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
My biggest worry is that the anime and manga companies aren't getting a sizeable kick back from all this parterning with Crunchyroll. At this point, Crunchyroll is similar to Napster, with the exception of the government not being involved so much.

I understand the new generation and need for technology, but this worries Viz Media, ADV and even other companies aren't getting the revenue actual hardcopy merchandice would sell for.

Hopefully the other companies are receiving some revenue from this. Last year Geneon closed, I really don't want any other companies to close as well.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:54 am Reply with quote
As long as they sell the item on CR, they are actually getting MORE than they would by selling the hard version.

The manga reader however is still lacking... They need to fix it...
TheContact

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:51 am Reply with quote
HELP

I am getting really frustrated. Can someone please tell me the url for crunchyroll or explain the specifics on how to get some of these exclusives.

When I hear crunchyroll I think crunchyroll.com. I see no naruto except whats old. Do I need to sign in or pay some fee? Am I going to the wrong website?

I swear I don't even think I am going to the right website here.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote
TheContact wrote:
HELP

I am getting really frustrated. Can someone please tell me the url for crunchyroll or explain the specifics on how to get some of these exclusives.

When I hear crunchyroll I think crunchyroll.com. I see no naruto except whats old. Do I need to sign in or pay some fee? Am I going to the wrong website?

I swear I don't even think I am going to the right website here.

If you're outside of Region 1 (US and Canada), that might be your problem.

As for the fee issue, that depends on how you want to view your anime after 1/3/2009. Same day HD 480p or 720p (three pay options) or 1 week later SD (free). Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1