• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Missing: Kamikakushi no Monogatari

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know about this novel? Can someone tell me if the story was good. I saw the manga version of this and I'm really interested especially the cover of the manga.

It'll be a great help if someone can tell me if the novel is worth reading. Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chinabean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quote
Both novels out are great. I wish they had all thirteen ready to go but nooo!
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm nearly finished with the first one, and I'm really enjoying it.

Viz needs a better graphic designer though. The interior pages have three dark gray circles on the bottom corners, and it distracts my eye from the text. Also, the chapter pages have black text on a dark gray space...hard to read. It's just the name of the chapter, but for the sake of good design, should be white.
chinabean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:44 am Reply with quote
the 3rd and 4th one should have been out already i've already ordered both on amazon.com almost a month ahead and waited for them to be both shipped but they said the 3rd one - even though it has been out for a while, said that they didn't even receive it from the distributor yet...

so that doesn't sound good..when the 4th one is supposed to come just recently Crying or Very sad
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quote
chinabean wrote:
the 3rd and 4th one should have been out already i've already ordered both on amazon.com almost a month ahead and waited for them to be both shipped but they said the 3rd one - even though it has been out for a while, said that they didn't even receive it from the distributor yet...

so that doesn't sound good..when the 4th one is supposed to come just recently Crying or Very sad

Tokyopop never released anything past volume 2 and they never will. The translator was told he wasn't needed anymore. Tokyopop canceled pretty much all of their novels other than Twelve Kingdoms and, I think, Trinity Blood.
chinabean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
chinabean wrote:

Tokyopop never released anything past volume 2 and they never will. The translator was told he wasn't needed anymore. Tokyopop canceled pretty much all of their novels other than Twelve Kingdoms and, I think, Trinity Blood.

thats not good Sad
they just ended it? is there anyway we can get the rest?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:04 am Reply with quote
chinabean wrote:
is there anyway we can get the rest?

Well, you can import the Japanese novels. But that's probably not going to help you. I doubt there is any other way to read this series in English as it doesn't strike me as the kind of series people would bother with for illegitimate translations.
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Agh, are you serious? Thanks a lot, Tokyopop. Confused At least they didn't drop 12 Kingdoms.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1