• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tayutama Adult PC Game to Reportedly Get TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
Another eroge is getting an anime adaptation that turns it into ecchi romance harem with a stupid premise. Is this even news anymore? Despite that, I'll watch it anyway.
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quote
Another eroge anime adaptation. What a surprise Rolling Eyes.

Aren't there any other forms of entertainment that can be adapted instead of these useless games? How about something original like taking someone's music and telling a story through that (like Bump of Chicken or the Dresden Dolls)?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:

Aren't there any other forms of entertainment that can be adapted instead of these useless games? How about something original like taking someone's music and telling a story through that (like Bump of Chicken or the Dresden Dolls)?

It's what the otaku buy en masse, so they'll keep producing it. It's an easy and safe bet they'll make money back on it instead of wild original products.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
omnistry wrote:

It's what the otaku buy en masse, so they'll keep producing it. It's an easy and safe bet they'll make money back on it instead of wild original products.

As true as that statement is, one would think orginal work would sell even better. Yet another forgettable anime title, hopefullly we will actually get some decent anime in 2009 though.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
omnistry wrote:

As true as that statement is, one would think orginal work would sell even better. Yet another forgettable anime title, hopefullly we will actually get some decent anime in 2009 though.

You'd think that for us, but it doesn't work for anime otaku. They keep buying the same shows over and over because it's what they want. I can't understand it either, but they love it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
omnistry wrote:

You'd think that for us, but it doesn't work for anime otaku. They keep buying the same shows over and over because it's what they want. I can't understand it either, but they love it.

Even after being a anime fan for seven years now, I still don't understand that. As much as I enjoy Shonen shows, I wouldn't want the same formula with every show. The Japanese anime fans are completely diffrent than Westeran fans I suppose.
pparker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
...anime otaku. They keep buying the same shows over and over because it's what they want. I can't understand it either, but they love it.

It is their drug of choice, and they are addicted.

Doesn't mean it absolutely must suck, just that it probably will.
Draneor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:12 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Even after being a anime fan for seven years now, I still don't understand that. As much as I enjoy Shonen shows, I wouldn't want the same formula with every show. The Japanese anime fans are completely diffrent than Westeran fans I suppose.

Yes they are. And anime is made for them--not you or I. It's their product and their sub-culture. People watching shows illegally on the internet don't really have the right to an opinion. These type of shows are not intended for us, and the Japanese industry has made it clear they do not wish for us to watch them how we do. You might as well bitch about pocky sales in Japan as complain about what Japanese anime fans buy. Why does it matter to you? Do you buy R2 DVDs? If not, you're not their customer.

If you want more shows in [genre A] to be made, buy what's there. Get thousands of others to do so as well. Until then, anime that people buy in Japan will get made.

Last edited by Draneor on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:25 am; edited 6 times in total
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:

that's the first time i've seen someone mention that aspect of BoC's music..then again I don't hang out with other BoC fans. That would be awesome an idea tho if done properly.

So far tho the only Visual novel and/or adult VN game turned anime i really liked were the KEY ones, and EF season 1...season 2 just creeps me out
Proz512

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
How about something original like taking someone's music and telling a story through that (like Bump of Chicken or the Dresden Dolls)?

Like the first episode of Samurai Champloo before deciding for the rest of the series to use the music as an ambiance setting which just set the mood.

A rock opera is what it sounds like you want to see.

You would think J-Rock & Anime would mesh to create a creative series but they seem to be two different target audiences.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Loved the game, so I'll love the anime. This is just the kind of comedy I like.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
This is one of those games where it was like:

Options:

1. Ask her out on a date.

2. Make a suggestive comment to her.

3. Grab her breast.

...right? How can that POSSIBLY translate into a watchable show?
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Don't be so sure. Fansubs love this kind of shows because Western fandom watch them. Usually, the most popular shows per season are moe animes. I'm so tired of the moe crap but it seems everybody love it.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Don't be so sure. Fansubs love this kind of shows because Western fandom watch them. Usually, the most popular shows per season are moe animes. I'm so tired of the moe crap but it seems everybody love it.

The only "moe" show I even gave a look was MoHS, which manages to stand out in a genre of mostly excrement.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Yes they are. And anime is made for them--not you or I. It's their product and their sub-culture. People watching shows illegally on the internet don't really have the right to an opinion. These type of shows are not intended for us, and the Japanese industry has made it clear they do not wish for us to watch them how we do. You might as well bitch about pocky sales in Japan as complain about what Japanese anime fans buy. Why does it matter to you? Do you buy R2 DVDs? If not, you're not their customer.

If you want more shows in [genre A] to be made, buy what's there. Get thousands of others to do so as well. Until then, anime that people buy in Japan will get made.

However, don't a lot of Japanese studios look to make even more money off of their titles by selling licensing rights to American companies? If they didn't want or need our money then I guess it wouldn't matter to them in the least if anything they produce appeals to us, but seeing how things have gone for the last couple years and considering the economic climate now (seeing as many foreign entities including Japan already have their own finances wraped up in the US), I don't see how they wouldn't at least give a thought to how their shows would sell abroad.

It's true that we let the Japanese companies know what we want with out money, but that can be done with R1s and other merchandise sold here not just through buying R2s. I'm sure they wouldn't ignore an overwhelming success of a title overseas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5