• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mitsuteru Yokoyama dies

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:48 am Reply with quote
Poor guy. I hope they give him a tribute in the live-action Gigantor.
Kapool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:20 am Reply with quote
Whoa, another giant passes away. Yokoyama was truly a trailblazer in his career. He created the first giant robot and magical girl, he pioneered the psychic-powered kid genre which culminated in "Akira" and helped define the super-powered ninja that is such a staple in anime and manga. And after all that, he churns out huge historical manga like the life of Oda Nobunga and the 15,000 page interpretation of "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms".

As far as I know, a Yokoyama manga has never been published in english. It would be a tough sell, as his art is even more "primitive" than Tezuka or Ishinomori. But I'd love to read his 3 Kingdoms manga. Maybe Koei could front some money for the project as so many of their games are based on the same source.

Anyway, thanks for all your work Yokoyama-san, Anime and manga owe so much to you.
sun007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:04 am Reply with quote
We'll miss you. You were a great man. Sad
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:17 am Reply with quote
This is really, really terrible.
divalea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:18 pm Reply with quote
This is very sad news. My condolences to his family, friends and fans.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:44 am Reply with quote
I got a really bad translation of a message about this from Hojo ( http://www.hojo-tsukasa.com/cgi-bin/message/message.cgi): It does not attach in discretion ‚‚­. since -- iron people -- the picture of No. 28 was copied Clay was also building the iron people of various pauses. Although it was the parents who do not buy the book of comics etc., only why or one book of iron people was given to me. I also had the Sonosheet of a theme song bought for a birthday present. Iron people ‚²‚Á‚± was considered as the friend and it had become “D‚Ü‚Ý‚ê. Since all were fought with iron people's intention, it became whether to remove truly in the end. Iron people were the important things which occupied the starting point of my comics, and most disagreeable childhood times. Mr. Yokoyama Œõ‹P I pray for the bliss of the dead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1